- breaking with every breath -

~The Grubs, the streets~
It was completely bare. No one was out in the cold dead of night, the whim of the air passed the hero, it was a rush all at once causing him to fall over. His knees hit the hard floor, his body inches from the ground, he cursed to himself.

"Guh... Fu-h it hurts..." He shook his head, ignoring the burning sensation running down his throat. He found his feet, wobbling like a child, the hero looked around.

He was in the middle of the street. Surrounded by houses, the hero looked around in a frenzy. No lights were in the house, no one was here right now. But the hero was terrified. He was no longer safe with just himself, with no powers to defend himself, the people in the grubs could do whatever they want with him.

Well, they already have.

"Mhg..." Oxzy shook his head. He refused to think back to what happened. His whole body was sore and painful each step he took, that was enough of a reminder. His thoughts shouldn't betray him.

Anyone in the grubs who would see him like this would take the chance in a heartbeat. To kill him, humiliate him. Ruin him even more.

It scared the hero. He was powerless with a beaten up body, wearing nothing but a thin under shirt to cover himself. He had to move the end of the shirt to cover his lower part. It was big enough to cover his ruined private part, but he still had to hold it together since it wouldn't button back up. The men had torn the buttons off, leaving him with an open, dirty shirt.

The hero's feet stumbled on the cold pavement, he felt the end of his feet begin to bruise on the rough surface. He kept walking forward, looking around for something.

What was he looking for?

He had nowhere to go. His home was destroyed, he was in the grubs where everyone wanted to kill him. The man was completely alone with this mess.

He had no idea what to do. His movement stopped in a second, head looking down in despair. He didn't know what to do now. Should he go back?

What? What am I thinking?

The hero shook his head, he refused to turn back. Even if he had no idea where to go, he would not head back. Going through that hell was the last thing he would want to relive, he would rather go to Pierce if anything.

Pierce was here. The villain lived in the grubs, he was around here. The hero looked around, swaying with his foggy vision, he recognized a familiar street. Without his notice, his legs quicken up.

He limped forward, walking with a sore body until he made it to the house. Before he could move forward, he realized what he was doing. Where he was.

~The Grubs, Pierce's home~
He shook his head, taking a small step back. Why would I go to him? Him of all people when I'm like this? The hero hissed in pain, his body buckling forward.

"Erghh..." His head pounded in frustration. He didn't know what to do, should he take shelter with the villain? Why would he do such a thing? The villain wanted to kill him too, no place was safe.

Would the villain do the same thing to him? Would he...

The hero remembered how the man treated him, how he was cruel and dirty when they fought. But the villain had changed, it was a little change, but the hero noticed it immediately. His words, his way of speaking, treating others. It was all different.

It made the hero feel more uneasy, he can be cool, say weird things for a second. Then he could be cruel, grabbing at him with angry force.

But where else would Oxzy go?