7

Ha Tae-heon had been in a very bad mood since he woke up in the morning.

"What's wrong? You look so tired."

When Ha Tae-heon's mood became unusual, Lee Joo-ha, who was standing next to him, asked with a worried face.

"It's all right."

Ha Tae-heon shook his head, but Lee Joo-ha added another word. "Don't push yourself too hard and let me know if you're tired. You are more important than that gate."

"I'm fine, really."

Lee Joo-ha and Ha Tae-heon had just arrived at the guild management headquarters to attend a meeting to decide on the new gate affiliation. Ha Tae-heon and Lee Joo-ha entered the central hall side by side, with a furrow in his brow.

"By the way, it seems like there are times when everyone gets a little greedy. Is this gate that important?"

"I'm not sure. I just felt like I shouldn't miss it."

"Hmm. I don't really know, so... Taeheon, you are the SS rank here."

If an SS rank, who had better senses than most ability users, said that, there was a high probability that it was a good gate. If you were lucky, it could be a grade gate that hadn't appeared in a while.

"If possible, if it's assigned to our guild, you must be the one to attend... ah."

Lee Joo-ha, who was talking while looking ahead, shut her mouth awkwardly. In response, Ha Tae-heon raised his head and looked at the man standing opposite him.

"It's been a while, Master Lee Joo-ha."

"...Master Cheon Sa-yeon."

Master of the Requiem Guild, Cheon Sa-yeon. He walked towards Lee Joo-ha and Ha Tae-heon. The bright eyes that were exposed under the soft black hair turned towards Ha Tae-heon. Beautiful eyes with thin double eyelids, sharp nose and jawline. His white skin contrasting with his dark hair was as beautiful as his name, but he had an aura that made it hard to approach him.

"It's been a while."

Cheon Sa-yeon pretended to be familiar with Ha Tae-heon and held out his hand. Holding the big, firm-hand, unlike his beautiful face, Ha Tae-heon replied calmly, "Long time no see."

Bzzt, energy collided between their hands. Lee Joo-ha, who was standing a short distance from them, looked anxious and felt the pulsating energy from their handshake.

"Hmm." Cheon Sa-yeon exhaled, amused, and curved his eyes.

The scene of two SS ranks shaking hands in the centre hall attracted much attention. Ha Tae-heon let go of his hand first when spectators gathered around him.

"Are you here to attend the meeting? Master Cheon Sa-yeon."

"Of course."

Lee Joo-ha hurriedly stepped in between the two when he let go of his hand. Compared to Lee Joo-ha, who showed a lot of discomfort, Cheon Sa-yeon was relaxed.

"That's weird. You weren't interested in the gate before?"

"No. That's a misunderstanding. Wouldn't any guild be greedy about the gate?"

Ha Tae-heon squinted his eyes.

'What is this feeling?'

There wasn't only a day or two when he couldn't read Cheon Sa-yeon's intentions from his expressions, but he was more concerned about it today. Ha Tae-heon tried to stay calm, restraining his arms from jumping forward.

"I'm also curious. The Roheon guild wanted this gate so badly... Whose idea might it have been? I don't think it was Master Lee Joo-ha's."

"...I don't know. What does that have to do with the Requiem Guild?"