9

I thought Cha Soo-yeon was there, but Ha Tae-heon was the only one I could see. It seemed that Cha Soo-yeon was sent away first and he came back alone.

"I thought you left."

"I had to finish our conversation."

At that, I said with a puzzled expression, "I'm serious about giving you an item. I have something to gain from you."

"Your circumstances don't matter." Ha Tae-heon rolled up his shirt sleeve and exhaled, irritated. "You must know how much damage you have done to our guild. Don't resist, just follow me."

"Follow... wait a minute. To where?"

"The guild."

Guild? I blinked my eyes. Which guild? It can't be...

"Ha Tae-heon-ssi. I'm just asking in case... Are you going to take me to the Roheon Guild now?"

"And if I am?"

I stepped back in a panic.

"Don't you think I'd have to be crazy to follow you? I said it clearly. Even if you drag me by force, you'll never..."

"Then explain it with that smooth-talking mouth." Ha Tae-heon stood up and looked at me. "How can I trust you and let you leave when the only thing you have is your body? How can I contact you later?"

"That's..."

"Besides, how are you going to get back? The only car left is the one I took."

Ah.

Come to think of it, I took Cha Soo-yeon's car when I came here, so there was no transportation to go back. I felt a bit awkward, but I answered in the most mischievous manner as best I could, "Are you worried about me?"

"Don't talk nonsense."

Yes, yes.

"Even so, if you want to lock me up, I can't follow you."

I said it calmly, but without realizing it, tension flowed through my body. I already knew it, but when I actually faced Ha Tae-heon, the difference in power became more apparent. How long would I be able to survive if he made up his mind to attack?

'Probably 10 minutes. Even if I run away, I'll be caught.'

Ha Tae-heon looked at me without answering my words. As the silence continued, cold sweat formed behind my back and my fists tightened. Above all, it was hard for me to stand still because I was not feeling well.

"I have no intention of wasting energy."

How much time has passed? Ha Tae-heon opened his mouth as I worried.

"I'm taking you to the guild to sign a contract."

"Contract?"

"You asked me to make a deal."

I hesitated for a moment and then nodded. "Do you mean to make a contract for a deal?"

"I have three things to establish regarding you. First, a fair contract. Second, a means of contact. Third, to inform my guild master of your presence."

"...I wouldn't play a trick in the contract."

"You and I will write a contract with the same contents. And the process will be carried out in front of the Master."

A contract. Would that be an opportunity or a poison for me? I rolled the thought around my mind as calmly as possible.

After taking the time to weigh various possibilities, I smiled slightly.