34

I looked around the room while floating in the air. It was difficult to properly understand the situation inside through the window that barely revealed half of the living room.

"It's weird that it's actually quiet."

I thought a lot about what to do on my way to the Requiem Guild, but I decided that it would be best to go back to my room first.

After all, there was no one other than Kim Woo-jin who had noticed that I was away. Min Ah-rin went on vacation, and I had promised to meet Park Geon-ho, so it was unlikely that he would come again.

'The problem is Cheon Sa-yeon, but it should be fine.'

Cheon Sa-yeon, who cleared the SS-grade gate for the first time, seemed busy, so there was a high probability that he would not be in the guild again this time.

After various calculations, I carefully opened the window. As expected, there was no one in the living room.

"Phew."

After closing the window as if nothing had happened, I put my backpack down on the sofa, took off my shoes, and picked it up.

That's a relief. As long as Kim Woo-jin calmed down, I think I could handle things without much fuss.

I walked to the shoe rack in relief and soon found expensive leather shoes neatly laid out.

'Whose shoes are these?'

In an instant, my body became cold. Staring blankly at the shoes, I heard a relaxed voice from behind me.

"You're back."

"......"

I turned my neck, stiff enough that it made a creaking sound, and looked back. The person who was leaning against the bedroom door made eye contact with me and smiled softly.

"Did you enjoy going out? Han Yi-gyeol."

"...Cheon Sa-yeon," I said with a deep sense of frustration.

'Why are you here, you idiot...'

* * *

Cheon Sa-yeon, wearing a cream shirt and black slacks, instead of a suit or the A-class jacket, tilted his coffee cup and said, "You've been walking around since dawn; you must be tired."

"What, do you have CCTV installed here?"

I clicked my tongue and looked around the room. There was nothing that stood out, so where did you install it?

"No way," Cheon Sa-yeon said in his unique relaxed tone. "I just knew you were living with Kim Woo-jin."

Clack. The coffee cup was placed on the table.

"Due to your personality, you probably wouldn't have explained it to Kim Woo-jin. Then there's only one thing. To sneak out at dawn when Kim Woo-jin was asleep and come back in the morning."

Cheon Sa-yeon, who spoke up to that point, gave a meaningful smile.

"Well... It doesn't look like it went as planned."

"You didn't do anything to Kim Woo-jin, did you?" I asked in a sharp voice. It was very suspicious that only Cheon Sa-yeon remained in the room where Kim Woo-jin was supposed to be.

"Don't get me wrong. I just told him to go home."

"Really?"

"Because unnecessary control is not my taste."

Cheon Sa-yeon looked at me with calm eyes.

"I agree with you that Kim Woo-jin and Min Ah-rin can't be your leash. Above all else, if I tied you up like that, it would only make you rebel."