30

The B-grade gate in the D8 area. It was one of the gates that the Roheon Guild handed over to Ha Tae-heon.

"When was it last cleared?"

"A week ago."

So, if there were any monsters, there'd only be around one or two. I walked into the gate.

Hwiing—

As soon as I entered the gate, a strong wind blew past my face. A barren wilderness spread wide before me.

"It's very spacious for a B-grade gate," I said to Ha Tae-heon, who followed me into the gate.

He replied, as he used his ability, "I've brought you to the B-grade gate in the D8 area, as you requested." In Ha Tae-heon's hand, there was a long sword made of black dust.

"You'd better get it right."

"You don't trust me much, do you? I've even signed a contract."

"Even if it wasn't me, it'd be hard for anyone to believe you in this kind of situation."

"Um..."

Was that so?

'He has a point. I'm familiar with him, but Ha Tae-heon has only seen me twice now...'

It made sense to be wary.

I was a little sad, but I thought this opportunity would make progress in our relationship.

"Hey, don't be like that."

As I approached him with a smile, Ha Tae-heon narrowed his eyes and backed away slightly.

"I came all the way here to find Ha Tae-heon-ssi's item. If I was going to scam you, I would have run away before signing the contract. So."

I wrapped one arm around Ha Tae-heon's waist and pulled him in. Ha Tae-heon's body, which was touching my side, stiffened.

"Let's find the item first and talk. Then I will look a little more trustworthy."

"This... Let go."

"Please be patient. This is more convenient if you're going to use your abilities."

Actually, I was uncomfortable, too. I reflexively thought of Park Geon-ho and Cheon Sa-yeon. It would be too much to ask Ha Tae-heon to do the same thing like with those two.

When I used my ability, Ha Tae-heon and I easily rose up to the sky. I found something round on the west end that looked blurry.

'I think that's it.'

I looked up at Ha Tae-heon and said, "Let's go to the west for now."

"......"

Why are you looking at me like that again?

Ha Tae-heon's eyes staring at me were incredibly cold. I pondered and asked, "Ha Tae-heon-ssi, are you afraid of heights..."

"Shut up."

"Yessir."

Since you said it was scary, I tried to lower the altitude. I pulled Ha Tae-heon's waist a little more and hugged him, raising his body high.

"......"

His gaze became more intense. I guess he really was scared of heights. Serves you right.

I inwardly hummed and moved to the west.

The blurry thing grew clearer as we got closer.

"Wow."

It was the corpse of some living creature. The dry outer skin was covered with grey sand and thick ribs over the pierced belly skin. The long snout was slightly open, with pointed teeth embedded in the exposed mouth, and its thick, short front feet were hardened like stones. The appearance was similar to that of an alligator in many ways.