14

His hair was damaged due to frequent dyeing, and his dishevelled blonde hair caught my eye.

"Hyungnim, are you sleeping?"

"No."

Rubbing my tired eyes reflexively, I straightened my body against the chair. The desk full of papers that I had just looked at looked messy at first glance.

"Wow, look at your face. Take better care of yourself, Hyungnim, since you've got a nice face and all."

"Uppity little... Am I your friend or something? Give me what you bought."

The guy who was looking at me with a pout held out what he had in his hand.

"I run errands for you, buying coffee every day. You don't give me any face at all (쪽팔리게)..."

"And yet you keep coming and going? Do you want me to kick you out?"

"Oh, that's not what I meant!"

"Students who don't study and instead walk in and out of a thug's office shouldn't be given any face."

"You ain't jack shit either, fuckin'..."

"Fuckin'?"

"Sheesh, you have keen ears."

Even to the end, he was rebellious, faking a laugh and shaking his head. Whatever. What else can I say to him? Instead of nagging, I put a straw in the vanilla latte he bought and sucked it.

I drank coffee in silence for a while, and the guy who was staring at me blankly swept his dog-looking hair back and said, "Oh, it's amazing how well you consume something so sweet..."

"It's delicious."

"It doesn't fit. Wine would look better with you."

"What's it matter if I like sweets or not? If you've no other business here, why don't you stop chatting and leave?"

"Ugh, I was going to leave anyway! Really, how annoying..."

Who knew what his problem was, but the guy hurriedly opened the office door and walked out as he made a ruckus. I didn't pay much mind, so I just drank coffee.

It was sweet and cool. Delicious.

"...gyeol-ssi."

Sweet was the best...

"Yi-gyeol-ssi."

"Umm?"

My eyes flashed open (깜빡). When I woke up, I saw sand through my blurred vision. Min Ah-rin, who shook me up, asked anxiously, "Are you okay? Do you want me to use my powers if you're having a hard time? I'm sure you'll feel better."

"No."

I must have slept enough to even dream. I got up from where I was sitting and brushed the sand off my pants.

"What time is it?"

"It's four in the morning. They say we will be leaving soon."

I nodded. I could see the sky, full of red dust, getting a little brighter.

It had been four days since I entered the gate. As it was an SS-class gate, the interior was so wide that we were only halfway done. Looking around, I saw guild members cleaning up their beds.

Offensive ability users had better stamina than ordinary B-rank users, so they could sleep anywhere, but non-offensive ability users like healers had the same body as ordinary people, so items such as sleeping bags were essential.

"Min Ah-rin-ssi looks more tired than me."

"Umm... I can't help it. I've never experienced anything like this before."