Home (2x04) part 2

"Simon, where are you ?" Clary said as she left him a voicemail after trying to call him while she walked back to her mother's apartments. "I've tried you back four times. As soon as you get this, please call me."

But suddenly, Clary stopped on her tracks when she saw a dazed Alec, sitting on the floor in front of Jocelyn's room, with a hand full of blood that didn't seem like his.

"Alec ?"

At the sound of Clary's voice, Alec looked up at her, confused about what happened.

"What did I do ?" he asked more to himself than to Clary.

Traces of blood coming from Jocelyn's room stopped right were Alec was seated. In the back of Clary's mind, she was hoping that the fact that he was sitting there and the fact that there was blood, had nothing to do with her mother. But she couldn't help but be terrified.

Clary followed the traces left by the blood that dripped from Alec's hand and was soon confronted to its owner. There, on the floor, lied a lifeless Jocelyn, with her chest open.

~~

Alec killed Clary's mother. At least, that was how it looked when both Alec and Clary were watching the videotape taken from the camera that was put in Jocelyn's bedroom as the Clave wanted to keep a close eye on her.

They saw Alec pushed his hand in Jocelyn's chest and pull it out while Jocelyn fell on the floor, dead. After looking at his hand, Alec looked up at the camera. His eyes, were pitch black.

It wasn't him. It wasn't Alec.

It was a demon who took possession of his body.

"Clary, I ..." Alec started but was soon stopped by Clary.

"I have a demon to kill."

~~

Screaming were heard in a distance, in the City of Bones, and the sounds of blades swishing were becoming closer and closer to Jace.

After his trial, Jace was brought back into his cell while Leila was waiting to get transfered. Because of these sudden noises, Jace walked up to the bars of his cell, eager to know what was happening. It sounded like people were being attacked. Killed.

Suddenly, a shadow came out from the dark. The closer it got to Jace's cell and the better Jace was able to decipher who it was. It was Brother Jeremiah, who was walking weakly towards him.

"Please...help us." he managed to say before he collapsed on the floor.

It was then, that Jace was able to see the knife that was stuck on the Silent Brother's back.

"What's happening ?" Jace asked, completely confused.

However, Jace's question was met with no answer because Brother Jeremiah already succombed to his injury.

Other shadows came out of the dark, and it took only a second for Jace to realize who it was.

Valentine.

"An unfortunate loss, but he gave me no choice." Valentine said as he looked down at Brother Jeremiah on the floor. "He wouldn't let it out of his hands."

Valentine was holding the Soul Sword and was being followed by two of his subjects who held Aldertree and two others who were holding an unconscious Leila.