War of hearts ( 1x12 ) part 3

I was nervous.

Why was I nervous ? I wasn't even the one who was getting married. But as Jace and I walked down the aisle to meet Alec, I realized that I was actually nervous for him. And judging by the way he was standing, he was probably as nervous as I was. Probably more.

"You look great." I told Alec who kept staring between Jace and I and our interlocked arms.

"And you guys look like you're the ones getting married." Alec answered.

I guessed it was his way for him to say that we were well-dressed.

"Soon." Jace suddenly told Alec with a wink towards my way.

I glared at him, and rolled and my eyes. "Shut up." I told him, before I looked back at Alec. "Look, I am not here to annoy you, but to ask you...do you really want this ?" I asked, worried. If he answered yes, then it'd be a complete lie. He didn't look as happy as someone should be on their wedding. "I get that you're doing this for your family, but you shouldn't sacrifice everything just to please your parents, you know ? Don't sacrifice your happiness. They'll understand."

Alec didn't answer. His eyes went from me to his parents who were sitting in the front row, with a smile towards him. They probably were proud of his choice.

"I know that you and I have always been bickering, but I do care about you. You're like my family. And I want what's best for you." I added.

"I'm doing what I think is right." Alec only answered as he looked back at me.

Suddenly, brother Jeremiah ordered us to be silent which meant that the bride was coming. The guests started to take their place while I sighed.

"You still have time." I reminded him as I patted his shoulder.

I let go of Jace's arm and went to sit in the front row, beside Simon and Clary.

Our head turned when the music began. Izzy was the first one to walk down the aisle with a pillow, which almost had the same color of her dress that suit her perfectly. On that pillow, laid a stele and a bracelet that would seal Alec and Lydia's wedding.

Then, Lydia appeared in her wedding dress and her red bouquet. I had to admit. She was beautiful. She walked down the aisle with a smile on her face. Once she joined Alec, she stood in front of him with a smile that never faded.

Lydia turned toward Izzy, and took the bracelet on the pillow she was carrying, before she put it around Alec's wrist. Alec did the same as he turned towards Jace and put the necklace on the pillow Jace was carrying, around Lydia's neck.

"It is time for Alec Lightwood and Lydia Branwell to mark each other with the wedded union rune. A rune on the hand. A rune on the heart. A union is born." Brother Jeremiah said.

Lydia picked up the stele and grabbed Alec's hand. As she was prepared to mark Alec's wrist, she looked up at him and gave him a reassuring smile, that Alec tried to give in return.

But against all odds, someone walked in the room and interrupted the wedding, which caught the attention of everyone. As we all turned our head towards the entrance of the room, we saw Magnus standing at the other end of the aisle, dressed in a suit.

At this moment, I heard everything. Alec's heart that started to beat faster at the sight of Magnus and his breath that got caught in his throat.

"What's that warlock doing here ?" I heard Maryse ask.