Magnus Bane ( 1x04 ) part 1

In the middle of the night, Clary suddenly woke up when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Simon, who had been alerted by her whining sounds. Clary told him about the nightmares she just had, and she believed they were fragments of her memories. She remembered her mother calling someone Magnus and begging him to help her protect her daughter. As she mentioned Magnus' name, Simon immediately understood that Clary was talking about Magnus Bane, because Simon had heard Camille say his name when she was holding him hostage. So, after receiving that information, Clary went to talk to Jace to ask him more information about that Magnus Bane.

When Clary burst into Jace's room, not only did she find Jace training shirtless, but she also found Leila sitting on his bed and stop talking when she appeared in the room. When Jace turned around to face Clary, she suddenly felt disturbed by his lack of clothes, so she found no other solution than to turn around.

"Sorry, I really should've knocked first." Clary apologized.

"I hope you realize you just boost his already high ego, now that he knows how he affects you." she suddenly heard Leila say behind her. "You better be ready for him to throw that in your face every time he has the chance to." Leila told Clary which made her wonder how Leila didn't react the same way she did.

With time, Leila got used to see guys train shirtless so she didn't mind seeing Jace without a shirt on. Clary heard Jace laugh as he grabbed a shirt to cover his upper body.

"I know I have the same effect on you. You're just better at hiding it." Jace told Leila before he looked at Clary whose back was facing him. "It's okay Clary, you can turn around." he said and Clary obeyed.

"Poor thing. You really think that ?" Leila chuckled and Jace smiled at her.

As Clary turned around and saw Leila and Jace smile at each other, she couldn't help but notice how these two have gotten closer but also how happy they seemed. She felt like they were in their own bubble, and this time, she was the one who felt like she should leave them alone.

Things have gotten better between Jace and Leila. After they spent the night playing the piano together and talking, they became inseparable. Leila learned more about Jace's past life because his life was more interesting than hers.

Jace had noticed how Leila had lighten up. He realized that the piano might've been what has been lacking in her life since she's been at the Institute. It really appeased her to play, and even though the piano was the provider of her happiness, he was glad that a part of it was because of him.

"So, I want you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane." Clary decided to intervene so they would notice her presence.

And it worked because Leila and Jace stared at her when she mentioned Magnus' name.

"He's the high warlock of Brooklyn, why ?" Leila asked.

"Because that vampire Camille practically accused him of stealing my memories."

"Where did you hear that ?"

"When Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the Hotel DuMort, she blamed Magnus Bane." Clary answered.

Jace crossed his arms across his chest and narrowed his eyes. "Right and you believe your little mundane friend ?" he asked Clary.