She's not me (1x07) part 2

There was an evacuation of the police station. Until the power was back on, everyone in the station had to go out. Jace and Clary blended in the crowd to get out and joined the Lightwoods and I outside.

"Did you get it ?" Alec asked Clary.

"Theoretically. I found the card but I just have to figure out how I reached into my notebook before. It's not an exact science."

"Can't you just pull the Cup out ?"

"I can, theoretically." Clary sighed as she rolled her eyes. "It's not as easy as it looks, Alec."

I was looking around, to see if anyone heard us. Downworlders would be able to, which meant that they would be after us. And if the mundane heard us, then they would figure out that we stole from them. I didn't know why, but I felt observed. I wanted to leave, now.

I was starting to panic because I feared one of the cops would recognize me. Luke said he worked on my case. Who knew who else worked with him. I didn't want to risk being seen.

"You two can discuss theories as much as you want when we get back to the Institute. Right now, considering we just stole from the cops, I suggest we get home as soon as possible." I told Alec and Clary.

"Guys..." Izzy called us.

We glanced at her, and the first thing I saw was the necklace around her neck that was pulsing. Demons were here.

"We gotta get out of here." Jace said.

He started walking away and the rest of us followed. But as I looked back, I realized that Jace wasn't only followed by us, but also by another cop, or should I say another demon. We suddenly stopped in our tracks when we saw another one of them walking dangerously towards us.

"There's too many of them."

"I don't say this often, but Clary's right." Alec commented.

"Where do we go now ?" I asked.

"Over here." Clary said.

We ran behind her until we reached a door that led to an electrical room that was certainly related to the police station. Clary grabbed her stele and turned her head towards us.

"What's the unlock rune again ?" she asked us.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, before I walked past her and broke the lock.

"That's one way of doing it." she added with a smirk that I returned.

I let them go before me, while I stayed near the door, and grabbed my seraph blade.

"Hey, what are you doing ?" I heard Jace ask from behind me, but I didn't look back.

"I'm holding them off. Take Clary back to the Institute." I answered.

Soon, I heard footsteps that stopped right in front of me. Jace was there, staring worriedly at me. It was our job to take care of Clary and the Cup. Someone had to stay behind to make sure no demons got to them. Let it be me.

"No if you're staying, I'm staying." Jace said. "We fight together."

"We are. But not at the same place." I answered. "If the demons get to the Cup, we're dead. So take Clary and the Cup. I'll be fine on my own." I insisted. "Besides, she saved me once, I owe her this."

Jace stubbornly shook his head. "I'm not leaving anyone behind."

"Jace, just go ! It's just me."