Alliance (1x09) part 3

Weird.

That was how the situation between Jace and I got. I didn't dare to talk to him and neither did he. How could we talk to each other when we didn't know what to say or how to act after that conversation ?

I couldn't believe I had the courage to confess about what I felt. Where did all that courage come from ? I never would've thought that I could put myself in a situation like that. But...it had to be done. I was tired of hiding. At least he knew what was really going on with me and now he knew what he could do about it. Either ignore my feelings for him and keep being close with Clary, or on the contrary, say he liked me.

When Izzy put her new clothes on, she, Jace and I went to the Hotel DuMort where Clary was hiding with Simon. As we walked near the building, I caught a familiar scent that I followed. Jace and Izzy walked behind me as I followed that scent to the back of the building.

The scent I caught was familiar because it was someone's. Luke.

When I saw him, I didn't know why, but my lips formed a smile when I met his gaze. He was always there when we needed him. I didn't forget I had to talk to him about my mother. He didn't tell me that she was a member of the Circle and we never had the opportunity to see each other again to talk about it. But I planned to meet him again. He was certainly one of the only ones who knew all the answers I needed.

"Hey." I said as we walked towards him.

"What are you doing here ? I heard you were attacked. Are you okay ?"

" I'll live. It was nothing important." I lied, so he didn't worry about it anymore.

Luke narrowed his eyes, not really convinced, but decided to let it go. His forehead creased when he saw Jace's and Izzy's faces.

"What happened again ?" he sighed.

"They're taking Meliorn to the Silent Brothers. He won't come out of there alive if we let them." Izzy sighed.

Suddenly, our attention was brought on the back door of the building that opened to let Clary and Simon come out of the Hotel. Unfortunately for my sight and my heart, the first thing Clary did when she saw us, was to run into Jace's arms.

It hurt seeing them like that, especially after I told him what I felt. Even when Jace pulled back from her with his eyes glued on mine, I didn't feel better.

As I diverted my gaze from his, I looked at Simon who sure looked different from the Simon I met only a few weeks ago. He didn't have his glasses anymore, surely because he didn't need them with his new sense of sight. He was paler than before, but he was a vampire now so, that wasn't too shocking. And the most important was how unhappy he looked. I understood his point of view. He never asked any of this and yet, he was thrown into this world he had tried to flee.

"You're okay mun...Simon ?" I asked him.

I guess I'd have to get used to not call him mundane anymore.

"I guess. I'm not sure." he answered.

I just nodded. I didn't think he wanted to talk about it, and if he did, he certainly wasn't going to talk about it with me. We weren't that close. Or close at all.

"So, this is your safe hideout, huh ?" I heard Jace ask Clary.

Clary smirked. "Well, you think the Clave was going to look here ?" she answered.

"Can we please focus on the matter at hand ? Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn." Izzy snapped, which turned Clary's relieved face into a worried and confused one.