Cleophas (2x07) part 2

Jace's smile while watching Leila leaving, faded once he was alone in the bedroom with Alec. He stayed leaning against the headboard and stared at Alec who was giving him a stern glare.

Alec proceeded to grab the remainings of Jace's shirt to throw at him but once he realized in what state it was, he sighed.

"So this is your solution ? Hiding out at Magnus' ?" Alec told him.

Jace raised his eyebrows. "I wouldn't exactly call this hiding."

"We have obligations." Alec reminded Jace.

"Obligations." Jace scoffed. "Aldertree wanted me gone and I'm gone."

"So you got demoted. So what ? You'll work your way back up."

"You don't understand."

"Then tell me. Whatever it is, it can't be that bad." Alec insisted. "So what ? You're just gonna turn your back on us ? On Isabelle ? Leila ? Clary ?"

Jace sighed. "I told you I'm not discussing Clary."

"She's your family. Your sister."

"I don't need a reminder." Jace said, standing up and facing Alec. "You know, you should go. We don't want you getting benched too."

Alec took a step forward, the frown on his eyebrow getting deeper. "This isn't you, Jace."

~~

Rather than being suspected, I believed Aldertree still wanted to keep an eye on me, to make sure I wasn't actually working for Valentine. Which was ridiculous.

I was allowed to go on mission, but had to give my report to Aldertree after each of them. However, when I went back to the Institute, he was nowhere to be seen.

So, I took this opportunity to go straight to my bedroom and shower. I stayed under the hot, almost burning water, eyes closed. I sighed as I felt my body release its tension.

I tried to empty my mind, but ever since Jace and I escaped Valentine's boat, I always found myself thinking about the frozen water that the ones who followed him, threw at me. The more I kept thinking about it, and the more precise my conclusions became. I didn't think it was a simple torture to control Jace and use me as a blood bank. What if, Valentine was actually checking to what extent my werewolf side could take over my angelic one ? Ever since I was born, my angel blood was the most powerful one of the two. It only started getting messed up when...when I met Luke.

Was there even a way for my angel blood to lose its power over the demon one, making me lose my abilities as a Shadowhunter ? Was that really what Valentine was trying to do ? But to what end ?

For the umpteenth time today, I sighed, and proceeded to clean myself.

I came out of my bedroom once dressed in fresh clothes, only to meet Alec in the hallways. Once our eyes met, I couldn't see disgust in his eyes regarding what he had witnessed earlier. Instead, it was concern.

"You. You've been the closest to Jace lately. Would you mind sharing what's happening to him ?" Alec asked while walking beside me.

I frowned my eyebrows. "What's wrong with him ?"

"He's ignoring everyone and his responsibilities as a Shadowhunter ever since he left the Institute."

"Because Aldertree is literally pushing him to."