Screams ( 1x09 ) part 1

As Simon ran away, Clary wanted to follow him, but when she noticed that Rafael didn't even move, she started to question him.

"Aren't you going after him ?" she asked the vampire.

"He'll be back. Once he does, I'll look after him, but I can't do that until he's ready."

"What does that even mean ?"

Rafael sighed. "It means he's where everybody goes when this happens. His own personal hell." he answered.

Clary took in Rafael's words and felt even worse. She was responsible for what was happening to Simon. He never wanted this, and yet, she put him into this situation because she couldn't let him go.

"I did this. I put him there. I have to find him to tell him the truth. " she whispered.

"If it helps, he doesn't even remember it was you. Those first minutes, a complete blank." Rafael told her. "Give me a call when he turns up. He'll need my help."

And then, in a blink of an eye, Rafael disappeared which left both Clary and Jace alone.

Jace sighed, and grabbed his phone. If Rafael intended to just wait until Simon came back, he knew that Clary wouldn't just sit around and wait as well. They needed reinforcements which is why, he dialed Alec's number and put the phone close to his ear.

Alec was at the infirmary when his phone rang. His father was taking care of his shoulder while Izzy finished nursing Leila on the bed beside his. Izzy had injected Leila painkillers, despite her disapproval. She knew Leila was scared of needles because of her past, but if she wanted to help Leila heal without hurting her, she had to.

Hodge had left a serious wound on Leila's back. He meant to hurt the Forsaken, but Leila found herself in Hodge's way the second she pinned the Forsaken down. The cut went from her left shoulder to her right hip. It wasn't deep, but it hurt. Luckily for her, the painkillers knocked her out which allowed her to not feel anything related to pain.

When Izzy saw Alec pick up his phone, she took it from him. "No talking, just healing." she told him as she walked out of the infirmary with Alec's phone.

"Alec, I need you." she heard Jace say on the other side of the line.

"It's Izzy. We need you. There's been an attack at the Institute." she stated.

"An attack ?"

Jace put his on speaker so Clary could hear Izzy's info.

"Valentine created a Forsaken that went through the wards. He probably knew that the wards were protected with warlock spells to defend against all Downworlders. So he made the Forsaken with Seelie blood and angel properties." Izzy said. "Jace, it went after Hodge, Alec and Leila."

Although Hodge was a good friend of his, Jace became even more worried when Izzy mentioned Alec and Leila, one of the people who were really important to him. He spent the entire day outside, dealing with the Simon situation, while Alec and Leila had been the ones who needed him the most.

"Are they okay ? Is Leila and Alec..."

"Hodge's banged up, dad is taking care of Alec and Leila's out right now but they'll live." Izzy reassured him. "Leila killed the Forsaken." she added. "It was after the..."