Temptation (2x07) part 1

Jace left.

It has been a day since the funeral.

And it has also been a day since Jace was last seen in the Institute.

He had told me about Aldertree's scheme to make him leave the Institute and found no choice but to grant him what he wanted, mostly to avoid more humiliation.

Jace had found shelter at Magnus' and spent most of his time there and at the bar nearby.

After texting me his location, I joined him at the bar Maia was working at. However, when I opened the door, another bartender was standing there, serving his clients. One of them being Jace, who was sitting at the counter with a Seelie whose hand traveled from his shoulder to his thigh.

"I'm not taking you anywhere." I heard Jace tell her, ignoring her attempt at flirting.

"Well, I can take you to a place. It'll be just you and me." the Seelie insisted, slowly caressing Jace's thigh, aiming to go higher.

"And me." I intervened, putting my hand over hers to stop her from going any higher.

Witnessing their exchange made me more annoyed than anything else. It was late, and I just came back from a boring mission. All I wanted was to spend time with Jace without being disturbed.

The Seelie, whose name was still unknown to me, glared at me with disgust in her gaze and her eyebrows frowned.

"Get your hand off of me, midget." she told me.

"Then get your filthy hand off of him." I said, pushing her hand away.

Both her and I were on each side of Jace, but we both ignored him while having a silent eye fight. It was a matter of who was going to back down first.

"You, Shadowhunters, think you're all up there, setting rules and being in full control of everything. But midget...you're not." she told me. "Now get back to where you came from. I'm sure he'll be better off with me."

"Oh, really ? Why don't we let him decide ?" I asked, amused, before bringing my attention to Jace.

And then, I did the unimaginable for me. Something I never thought I would have the nerve to do.

I claimed my territory.

I grabbed Jace's chin and turned his face towards mine. I was able to see surprise in his eyes for a split second before I crashed my lips on his.

As I expected from him, he quickly caught on what I was doing and moved his lips in synch with mine, as if no one was watching. I could smell the scent of alcohol lingering on his tongue, but ignored it. I was not a fan of alcohol, in whichever form it came in, but by the way our tongues and lips were moving together, it looked like I enjoyed it.

I finally moved back, leaving Jace as surprised as he was before I kissed him.

"Who is it going to be Jace ?" I asked him in a voice I couldn't believe was mine.

Internally I was screaming out of embarrassment. This was so not me, and I didn't know why I was acting this way. She wasn't even someone I needed to prove anything to.

In our relationship, Jace was the bold one which was actually the thing I liked the most about him. On the other hand, I was the safe and timid one. To see the roles reversed tonight was so out of my comfort zone, and neither Jace nor I had seen this side of me. I didn't even know if it deserved to be called a "side of me".