Treason ( 1x13 ) part 1

Lydia was found unconscious on the floor of her office. Alec and Magnus made sure to bring her to the infirmary before he found us, Clary, Izzy, Jace and I. We were checking the footage to see who did this to her. To think that there was a traitor in the Institute was kind of scary. There was someone among us that we trusted without knowing his real intentions.

"How's Lydia ?" Clary asked Alec.

"Better. Magnus is doing what he can to help her, but it's bad. And the Cup is definitely missing."

"So is Hodge." Jace sighed.

"Maybe he was attacked too." I said as I kept my eyes on the screen in front of me.

"Or maybe he's the one who attacked her." Clary suggested.

"Hodge ? No way. We've known him our entire lives. He would never do that to us." Izzy denied.

But as Izzy found the footage where Lydia was retrieving the Cup to hand it to the Clave once she got back to Idris, we saw Hodge knocking her out before he bent down to take the Cup from her.

What the hell ? So it was him ? Hodge betrayed us to be on Valentine's side ?

How could that be possible ? He's done so much for us, how could he ? Each one of us couldn't believe it but we couldn't deny what was in front of our eyes.

Hodge was a traitor.

Izzy checked where Hodge went right after attacking Lydia. He went to see Jocelyn, or at least, go in the room where Jocelyn was still sleeping because he wasn't talking to her. He seemed to be talking with someone else as put on a ring on his finger.

"Looks like he's talking with someone." Izzy said.

"Valentine." I groaned.

We watched Hodge uncover his neck where his Punishment rune disappeared as he did so. Valentine must've promised to help him if Hodge did the same in return.

"But where does that ring come from ?" Clary asked. "Do you think someone smuggled it past the wards ?"

"Maybe." Jace answered "Hodge wasn't the only ex-Circle member around here." he said, referring to Robert and Maryse.

"Look, I know I don't always see eye to eye with my parents, but I know they're not traitors." Izzy intervened.

Jace scoffed bitterly. "Really ? Isn't that what you just said about Hodge ?" he asked her. "It'd have to be someone we trusted, but if there was an intruder inside the Institute, we would have found them by now."

I wasn't sure if there was an intruder right now in the Institute, as I wasn't sure who to trust anymore. But I knew that there has been an intruder, and Hodge, Alec and I found him as soon as he got in. We even got hurt in the process.

"The Forsaken attack." I suggested. "We killed that thing but I wasn't conscious long enough to see a ring."

"It didn't have one." Alec said as he shook his head.

"It didn't have one during the autopsy either but maybe there's something in the footage." Izzy told us as she looked for the footage of our fight.

We could see the Forsaken breaking in the Institute while Hodge and I were training. It attacked Hodge first before he attacked Alec and I. For the first time, I could see what really happened.

As I was fighting the Forsaken, Hodge grabbed his chakrams and slashed my back as I pinned the Forsaken down. I saw myself screaming before I looked up at Hodge whose eyes went from his chakrams to my back and my face. And then I fell, near the Forsaken's dead body.