Gone ( 1x13 ) part 2

Simon and Clary were staring at Camille's coffin knowing that if they opened it, there was no going back. Everything they've done to unite the Downworld would go out the window. But they didn't have any other choice. Stopping a threat like Valentine from using the Cup as he wished was more important.

Simon broke the chains that kept the Camille's coffin closed, and opened it. As soon as they did, Camille woke up and bared her fangs at Clary. But, being prepared to anything, Clary put her blade under her throat and Simon threatened her with a stake near her non-beating heart.

Camille glared at Clary before she looked at Simon. "What took you so long ?" she asked him.

"Excuse me ?" Simon asked, in confusion.

"I knew you'd come back for your sire, just like you did before. We're forever linked you and I."

"How do you know I don't want to stake you ?"

Camille raised her eyebrows as she didn't believe him. "Do you ?"

Simon hesitated. Camille was his sire after all, and just like she said, they were linked. He didn't have the strength to kill her.

"I do." Clary answered confidently. "But that's not why we're here. Where's the book of the White ?"

"The book of the what ?"

"The book of the White. Big white spell book. Kind of explains itself." Simon told Camille.

She shook her head. "Never heard of it."

"And yet we tracked it to you. It's a warlock book. Either my mom gave it to you, or Dorothea Rollins. She was my mom's assistant at the antique store." Clary stated.

Camille scoffed. "Dot ? Of course. She was our favorite customer."

"Do you know where is it or not ?"

"It's in my apartment on the Upper East Side. I can take you there but you'll have to get me out of here first."

~~

I was dealing with a mix of emotions right now. From worry, to exasperation, to anger...I felt it all at once. Jace took Hodge to find Valentine on his own, whereas we were supposed to do this together. What if he indeed, found Valentine ? I knew Jace was a great Shadowhunter, but Valentine already had the Cup and probably an army behind him. Jace would only get himself killed.

I tried to call Jace, since he didn't answer to Alec's calls and waited. I had to wait until the last ringtone to get an answer from him.

"Oh, so you decided to answer now ? Where the hell are you ?" I asked Jace.

" I'm going after Valentine. Go help Clary."

Even his voice was different. I felt like I was talking to a stranger. This wasn't the Jace I fell in love with. Valentine changed him in one night.

"We were supposed to do this together. Do you know what that concept means ? You're acting crazy, and it's worrying me. All right ? Valentine twisted his way inside your head and you're not thinking clearly."

"I am thinking clearly. He's my father. He taught me how to fight. Not to be weak. He raised me to be a killer. Now I'm gonna make him regret it." Jace told me. "Go help Clary. She needs you."

"And I need you, okay ?" I said. "I need you alive. And the road you're taking right now is not safe. You don't have to do this. You are not a killer."

"I am. I'll make sure to kill him and come back." Jace said.

"How can you be so sure about that ?"