No turning back ( 1x09 ) part 2

While Jace went back to the Institute to make sure Alec and Leila were okay, Clary went after Simon with Luke's help. Although she couldn't follow him when he ran away from her, she decided to rely on her instinct to guess where Simon could have gone.

The first place Clary and Luke checked, was Simon's house. When they got there, Clary knocked on the door but no one answered. She knew Simon's mother was there because of her car, parked outside, but she needed to know if Simon was. So, she grabbed her stele and made the door open. Luke stayed outside while Clary walked inside. As she looked around, she noticed that some lights were on. What also caught her attention, were the voices that came from upstairs. Clary didn't think twice, and ran up the stairs to check Simon's room.

The first thing she saw was Simon, hugging his mom who was relieved that he was safe. But what shocked Clary, was the fact that Simon's fangs were slowly getting closer to his mom's neck.

"Simon !" she yelled which made them startle.

Simon immediately hid his fangs in his mouth and stepped away from his mother. He looked at Clary, surprised to see her in his bedroom but also shameful because he knew that if Clary intervened just a few seconds later, he'd be drinking his mother's blood.

"Hi Mrs Lewis." Clary told her.

"Hi." Mrs Lewis answered quickly before her attention went back on her son. "Honey, are you all right ? You look pale. And what happened to your glasses ?" she asked him as she tried to touch his face.

"No, don't." Simon told her as he stopped his mom from touching him.

"He's got contacts now." Clary answered, but Mrs Lewis didn't pay attention to her.

All she could worry about was how Simon got suddenly scared when she tried to touch him.

"Okay, someone needs to tell me what's going on."

Simon and Clary looked at each other. While Mrs Lewis stared at Simon, Simon looked at Clary who shook her head. She couldn't let him reveal to his mother that he turned into a creature she didn't know existed.

"Mom...there's something I need to..." Simon started.

"Do for me." Clary cut him off. "You won't believe this but my identity was stolen. Bank account hacked. Apparently I'm not Clary Fray."

"Uh, that's awful. It happened to me last year, but Clary, I don't think he's well enough to go." Mrs Lewis told her.

Simon was going to talk but Clary intervened first. "Simon, we've always been here for each other. I need you to help me through this." she insisted.

Clary not only insisted with her words. She also insisted with her eyes which stayed glued on Simon's. Simon understood that he had to get through this stage of his new life, and that he couldn't stay near his mother without being a danger to her.

"Okay." he gave in.

"Are you sure ?" his mom asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You know how much of a hypochondriac I can be." Simon tried to reassure her.

Clary and Simon started to walk towards the door but they were stopped by Mrs Lewis who called Clary and asked her to take care of Simon. Clary nodded and both teenagers started leaving to join Luke outside.