Clary's memories ( 1x02 ) part 2

Finding Dot was the best plan we had at the moment. Clary claimed that she was probably the only person to have the answers we needed. Considering that Clary wasn't safe outside on her own, and much less with Simon on her back, Jace, Izzy, Alec and I were her guardians. Alec didn't approve the mission, which I agreed was dangerous since the Clave didn't want Clary out of the Institute, but we had to do it anyway.

"Where do you suggest we search ?" I asked Clary.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she....." Clary started to say until she gasped as she gripped her pendant.

She zoned out for a moment, and didn't seem to hear us or acknowledge our presence.

"Clary ? Clary !" I called her.

She came out of her thoughts and finally looked at us.

"What's wrong ?" Jace asked her.

"I, um...weirdly I think I know where Dot is." she answered.

That girl was definitely something else. How could she weirdly know where someone was without any lead ? What ? Did she have a vision or something like that ?

"Great, I'll drive." Simon intervened as he picked up his car keys.

~~

In the meantime, Dot was at the Pandemonium club, looking for the high warlock of Brooklyn: Magnus Bane. She had survived the Circle members attack at Jocelyn's house, and was now looking for a way to find Clary and save her as well as herself.

She ran inside the club and found a few warlocks walking into a portal, while Magnus was waiting for the last one to get through.

"Magnus !" Dot called him as she ran towards him and spun him around. He eyed her hand on his shoulder before he looked at her. "Why haven't you answered my messages ? Jocelyn's missing and I..." she asked him.

"I've been a little busy, protecting our people from certain death." Magnus cut her off.

"What are you talking about ?"

"Jocelyn's brilliant plan is screwed. Valentine knows a warlock brewed the potion that put her to sleep. He's hunting warlocks down one by one." Magnus explained.

"So you're leaving ?" Dot asked as she saw the last warlock going through the portal.

As it was now Magnus' turn, he started walking towards the portal to get through too.

"It's our only choice until we know what Valentine is up to. Let's go." he answered as he grabbed Dot's arm and headed to the portal, but Dot freed her arm.

"I can't. I've been portaling all over the city looking for Clary and my magic is dangerously low. I need your help."

Magnus narrowed his eyes. "Are you really going to risk your life for a Shadowhunter ?"

"This isn't us versus them, Magnus. If Valentine gets the Cup, we're all doomed." Dot stated.

"Valentine can't kill what he can't find. Last chance to save yourself." Magnus told Dot, but she stood on her ground and didn't go through the portal with him.

Dot sighed as she found herself alone in the empty club, and ran outside. She took the backdoor carefully because she didn't want to get caught. While she was looking for Clary, Circle members were looking for her and every other warlocks.