The Circle ( 1x02 ) part 1

For Clary, finding her mother was more important. She already made her choice, and even though Simon was her best friend, she couldn't lose the chance to find her mother again. She turned to Simon and grabbed his hand.

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." she told him.

While Jace walked towards the Institute, Simon stared at Clary, taken aback by the fact that she chose a complete stranger over him, a friend she's known for years.

"What ?" he asked.

"Come on." she said as they followed Jace.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try..."

Jace stopped in his tracks and glared at Simon. "Mundane, we do not have the time."

Simon shut up and Jace headed to the entrance of the Institute with Clary and Simon behind him. From afar, they could hear a police siren coming in their way, so they had to be out of sight before the cops came.

Jace opened the door that Simon closed as he was the last one to get in. Unlike Clary and Jace, he couldn't see anything but darkness, dust and abandoned benches. But when Jace grabbed his stele and draw a rune on his arm in front of Simon's shocked eyes, everything became visible once he grabbed Simon's hand.

"Buddy, what's going on man ? I'm not your type, man. I don't even..." Simon stopped talking when the darkness faded away and the Institute filled with Shadowhunters appeared before his eyes. "Where are we ? What the hell ? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about ?" he asked.

"There is now." Jace answered as he walked further.

"I think my mother's at the center of it." Clary told Simon before she followed Jace.

"You coming ?" Jace asked Simon when he saw him, glued on his spot.

"Yeah. What is this place ?"

As I was staring at the screen in front of me, that showed a dead body in front of the Institute, I suddenly heard a voice that belonged to someone I didn't know. I turned my head towards the doors, and found Jace coming near me with Clary and a complete stranger to me. What did Jace have in mind now ?

"Two in two days. Wow, you really know how to find them." I told Jace as I stared at Simon from head to toe before I glared at Jace again. "I'm thinking about someone who won't be happy to see him. You know, a tall, brown haired guy, also known as your brother and parabatai Alec." I commented.

"I didn't have much of a choice." he sighed.

I sighed as well and rolled my eyes, and when I did so, I suddenly stared back at the screen in front of me when I noticed something change in the corner of my eyes. There was a cop who was inspecting the dead body in front of the Institute.

"Who are you ?" I heard the guy ask.

As I glanced at him, I realized he was talking to me. "I think I should be the one asking you that question." I answered as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Lewis. Simon Lewis." he said as he extended his hand towards me.

I eyed it and narrowed my eyes when I looked up at him. "Leila." I answered.

Simon took his hand back to rub the back of his neck. Then, he looked at Clary and whispered to her. "So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us ?" he asked.