How to save a life (1x06 ) part 2

Tarnished.

That was how the Lightwood's name was seen by the Clave. The unsanctioned missions that Alec authorized while Maryse and Robert were away, tarnished their reputation. It would take a tremendous sacrifice to restore it. One that Maryse has already decided and that Izzy didn't accept.

As Alec was training, Isabelle burst in the training room, appalled.

"Promise me you won't go through with it." She told Alec whose eyes landed on her. "Promise me you'll say no."

"What are you saying ? Say no to what ?"

"They're gonna make you marry." Izzy answered.

Alec sighed, and went back to his training. He has already talked about it with his mother and for him, this was the only solution to restore his family's name. His shared Maryse's opinion while Izzy shared Robert's.

"Alec !" Izzy called him when she saw how he paid no attention to her. She grabbed the stick he was training with and stood in front of him. "Don't you see what is happening ? Our parents are making plans for both of us."

"So wait, when I'm getting married, what are you doing ?" he finally asked.

"They need me to convince the Clave to placate the Seelies somehow."

Alec frowned. "You're playing diplomat ? Again ? That's my job. That's what I'm supposed to be doing !"

"I know that. But I'm the one with ties to the Seelies."

"Ties...Is that how you're calling it now ?" Alec scoffed.

Izzy sighed. "Alec, I'm on your side."

"Really ? I have followed every rule. I've given up everything !"

Alec knew that they wouldn't be in this situation if Jace and Izzy had listened to him from the beginning.

"We'll find a way out of this." Isabelle said as she put her hand on Alec's shoulder.

Her brother stared at her hand for a while before he brushed it off, and looked back at her.

"Screw the rules. Screw them. Screw all of this." he said, before he walked out of the training room and ignored his younger sister who was calling after him.

~~

Luke was getting worse. He would wake up every once in a while because of the pain, so Magnus was trying to ease him by taking it away. The problem was that he was in way too much pain, which meant that Magnus had to take a lot of it. It drained him, and Clary and I were helpless.

The antidote was almost done. We still needed Jace and Simon to come back. As for Alec, he still hasn't showed up. Magnus said he needed him. I didn't know why him, but he knew all the magic stuff better than I did. So if he needed Alec, then Alec had to come.

"I'm running out of magic." Magnus stated as his hands hovered over Luke to take his pain.

"What do I do ?" Clary asked him.