Family (2x01) part 1

Author's note: I have decided to merge the two books in one, just like in my Twilight story, so it'd be easier for everyone to find all the chapters related to Shadowhunters.

Plus, I honestly prefer the cover for "My Little Angel" and the title as well.

I didn't know that I was seasick until now. Or was it the fact that I have been mistreated for days that made me want to throw up ? I didn't have the strength to move anyway. I was just...numb. Powerless.

I was lying on the ground of my personal cell Valentine put me in, with my eyes shut. I tried to forget the place and the pain I was in by sleeping. It didn't help in the beginning but now it did. But every time I closed my eyes, I couldn't help but think:

"What if my eyes stay forever shut ? What if I'm too weak to open them again ?"

These thoughts kept lingering in my mind, but I've always been able to open my eyes until now.

I didn't know what plans Valentines had for me, but if locking me up and draining me of my blood, was his plan, then it sucked.

As I was thinking by myself, I suddenly felt fingers touch my cheek gently. I haven't felt this kind of touch for days. Was it Jace ? Did he find a way to come see me ?

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw were shoes near my face. But as I looked up, I slowly realized that it wasn't Jace. It was a woman. A woman that made my breathing stop, as I realized who it was.

"Mom ?" my voice came out in a whisper due to my weakness.

She kept stroking my cheek, and looked at me with pity, whereas I couldn't see her clearly because of my tears that welled up in my eyes. I felt so sorry, that she had to see me like this. I didn't live well, like she probably wanted and it made me feel so ashamed of myself.

"Mom...why...did you have to leave me ?" I sobbed.

She smiled weakly while her hand touched my hair. "I never left you, my little angel. I was always there, walking beside you at every step of your life. When you're happy, I am happy. When you're sad, so do I. When you're in pain, I suffer too. You may not see me, but I will forever look after you."

I gathered the strength I had left to sit up. Was she real ? Could I really feel her touch or was it just a creation of my mind ? Whatever it was, I didn't want it to stop. If it was a dream, I didn't want to wake up. If she was real, I didn't want her to leave.

As I hesitantly reached out my hand, I realized that I was shaking. She might've seen how unstable my hand was because she grabbed it and put it over her cheek. I gasped at the sudden touch. She was real.

I pulled her closer and hugged her with all the strength I had, to cry on her shoulder. I felt like I got rid of a heavy burden that has been lingering on my shoulders since she left.

"Life has been so hard without you." I told her.

"And yet, look at you." she said. "Life has thrown obstacles on your path and you've overcome them. You'll have to face them again, but you have to keep going. I know you can do it. You've been through what others haven't. You can endure pain better than anyone. You can endure this, trust me."

All these years where I missed her, I wanted her to advise me and comfort me. Today, my wish came true. My crying calmed down, as I wanted to enjoy her presence. I tried to breathe in her scent, but she didn't have any. I couldn't feel or hear her heartbeats against me. But I could feel her body. I could feel her hands rubbing my back and my hair.