[Debate] What if?

(Requestttttt I got a free period right now so yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anyway here take another long chapter mweheheehehh)

"Y-you heard it all? I thought you were asleep!"

Moon mumbled, as Darkside chuckled.

"Moon, Luna, listen to me. I know that your in a dilemma of whether to join the moons, right?"

He sighed. How did Darkside know all of this? He had been able to put up a good front, and make the others think he had no doubts... was there a slip-up? Or was Darkside able to read his thoughts-... maybe he was just good at reading body language. He then realized he had been quiet for a bit too long.

"Uh- yeah. Right... continue, I guess."

Although he couldn't see him, he practically could sense and feel the lax smile on Darkside's face, as he built up his explanation.

"Well, let me tell you. I can repeat what Titan said- you made the right choice. Go with them- take own the planet's 'Golden Boy'-"

Darkside explained, as Moon's eyes widened- speaking as he interrupted Darkside.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT-.. How much did you even hear?!"

Moon asked anxiously. When did he even awaken? Most of the time- Darkside had been sleeping, or staying silent. Observing from the shadows and listening in to conversations. So now, Darkside openly speaking about this was abnormal. Darkside coughed, getting Moon's attention.

"I woke up when Earth began yelling at Titan. He made quite the noise- and I suppose I haven't been able to sleep since. Just... thinking. I listened in on conversations, analyzed them, and debated over what to do."

He explained in a resolute tone. Moon attempted to wrap his head around this- Darkside just listening, knowing everything, all the drama and conversations... that was classic of him. But it was weird to talk to-... what is literally another version of him, about a decision that could forever change his life. But then they'd both experience the same thing anyway. He groaned, before mumbling.

"Alright, Darkside. Carry on."

Darkside nodded- although Moon couldn't see that. But he could feel him doing that motion. Like as if he was tilting backwards- but without his own control. He shuddered slightly, it was a weird feeling. But those thoughts dissipated the moment Darkside began to speak again.

"Remember, ever since we were created, we have always been defending Earth. Protecting him from stray asteroids and getting hit with them. Isn't that why we're so cratered?"

He asked, as Moon's eyes squinted in thought. It was odd he brought this up, since it has been happening for quite some time. He never really gave much of a thought to this.

"..Yes, why are you bringing this up?"

"Well, then there is us balancing his axis. That being another way that life was able to thrive- because of us."

"Why are you bringing life into this...?"

Moon asked, utterly confused. He didnt get where Darkside was getting at. Darkside smiled calmly, and continued.

"Trust the process. Now, life lives on his surface. And he thinks moons arent necessary, and that they are 'unequal' to planets."

Darkside said, saying the last sentence with so much spite, Moon could nearly imagine the toxins with every word.

"Those moons- Titan, Ganymede, Europa, Io, Callisto- heck, even Phobos and Deimos are in the cause! They're fighting for a good cause. They are fighting against the oppression of Earth. It will be a revolt. And now, they are finding more moons to join them. You really think that even if we somehow- SOMEHOW forgive Earth for trashing on us moons, and join the planets, we'll win? There's over 300 moons in this system. And 9 of us. Moon, take my advice. Join the moons."

Darkside stated, before taking a deep breath- after having talked for so long, prattling on for so long, especially about something he was very passionate about, it slightly exhausted him.

"Yeah- but Earth wasn't always like that! Before humans, he was so excited about life! He tried, tried and tried! And succeeded! Then earthlings you know... began taking advantage of him. Its not fair- the stress of trying to be a good place to live, while being slowly killed by his Earthlings- it puts a lot of stress on him! He worked for billions of years to be habitable- and the fact that there is another contender for life- like Titan- he got defensive!"

Moon protested, as Darkside sighed.

"Yeah, but that was long ago. Around 2 million years ago- when earthlings first appeared, then that's when he began changing. And he became much more toxic- yes, it may be the earthlings, but that's no excuse for his behavior! I'm telling you time and time again, just go with the moons."

Darkside muttered, before sighing.

"I'm going to sleep. I hope you make the right choice- even though it's all up to you. But keep in mind what I have said."

Moon gulped, as Darkside went silent, closing his eyes as he drifted away from the real world- and back to his dreams. That left him alone, still thinking about it. He debated with himself, going back and forth between his options. He took Darkside's comments into consideration, and after a while, sighed. His head hurt from how much he had been thinking about it. But he decided, that he would follow Darkside's advice. Go with them.

"Oh wait- I'M SO BEHIND!"

He yelped, before rushing off towards the orbit of the gas giants.

~~

Woooooooooo I finished this, I might make another part soon- but uh im also thinking about animating this. S h o u l d I ? 943 words woohooooooooooooo- ALSO YIPPEEEEEEEEE 2K RE