[Help] Earth Angst

(Request! Sooo you know the [...] Earth angst from 4-5 months ago? Yeah this is a continuation of that thanks to a reminder from WhitemoonWCUE. Uhh speedrunning this cuz yessers. ALSO this is planethumans. Why? Cuz the previous was also planethumans.)

A few days had passed. And Venus had noticed Earth disappearing quite a lot during said duration. He admittedly, had gotten worried, and had been debating whether or not he should go up to Earth.

True, he wanted to stick to his word with Mars to avoid Earth until he apologized. But seeing Earth get worse every day, and the gut feeling telling him something was wrong... He knew that he should follow his gut feeling but he was... still.. Anxious. He didn't want to face him just yet.

Venus didn't want to get stuck in any toxic relationship again. And he wanted to give Earth more time to mull over his words before returning back to him. He honestly wanted Earth to come to him and apologize but...

He turned to where Earth was. As usual, in his orbit, always trying to keep conditions just right for his earthlings. His earthlings... He knew that the life on Earth affected this. It was honestly a bit unhealthy for him- and Earth began priding in on what was slowly killing him. Venus just felt... irked at the whole situation. Why be proud of something that is slowly tearing you apart?

This made Venus feel even worse. He didn't want to put up with any of his arrogance again. He could have perhaps changed in the past few days but he wanted to wait a bit longer... He sighed, and before he could change his mind, he walked over to Earth.

Earth was just beginning to walk off, when he noticed Venus coming towards him. He faced the planet, looking down to avoid eye contact, while Venus was standing tall staring right at Earth. He thought the roles would have been switched.

"Hello, Earth." His voice came out harsher than expected, and he felt surprised at himself, yet he did not outwardly show it. "Hey Venus..." Earth replied. When did his voice become so raspy? When did he develop those eye bags? His worries rose, growing concerned- and he was locked in a self battle to confront his friend in one of two ways.

"I.. have- you don't stay in your orbit all the time. You disappear- just randomly. Sometimes I look for you in your orbit and you aren't-" "You look for me?" A hint of hope rose in his voice and Venus cursed to himself for letting that spill. "Yeah, so? Anyways- where are you at those times? The Sun may not notice you, but I do." He said, glaring.

"It's.. nothing of your concern. You- our friendship is over, why do you care anyways?!" Earth muttered, looking down at the ground. "Look, just tell me-" "And why should I?!" "So you're hiding something!"

They began to argue, going back and forth with each other, until Earth flinched, instinctively bringing up his hand, but pausing. "I-I need to go somewhere else." Earth muttered, his voice soft, but wheezy. Venus took a step back, obviously confused, but anger still simmered.

"Earth. What's happening?" He asked, glaring at the habitable planet. He said nothing, nervously glancing around and began to take a few steps back, before doubling over in a coughing fit. "Earth- EARTH!"

Venus rushed over to him, instantly at his side, all of his previous anger dissipating. "Earth, EARTH?! What's happening?" He reached out an arm, but pulled back. What if trying to physically comfort him made it worse? "I- its Im-.. Im fine-" He grimaced, sitting up before wincing and curling into a ball.

"Earth- I- you're not fine! We have to tell somebody- Jupiter- or- uh.." He glanced around, slowly beginning to get up, before Earth slowly tugged at his shirt, tears in his eyes. "Stay p-please.." Venus, unsure of what to do, sat back down as Earth began to cough even more violently.

The hostile planet slowly embraced Earth in a hug, slowly rubbing up and down his back, as the latter sobbed and coughed into his chest. It pained him to see his friend in such a state, but he didn't know what he could actually do to help.

After what seemed like an eternity, his coughing and shaking stopped, and Earth pulled away from Venus "I- uh.. Thanks. I didnt- I didnt- you weren't you to see that." He mumbled, looking down as he rubbed his tears out of his eyes. "Earth.. I- Earth! Is- Is this what you were hiding?"

It dawned on him that Earth was hiding, and his irritation was beginning to come back. "You can't just- you can just HIDE this thing! It's serious! What- what is even happening to you?! You can't just hide this forever... you need help." His voice cracked on the last sentence, as the other looked down.

"I- I know... It's just- I thought you guys.." "Hated you? Well I did. We did. But we both cared for you. We were concerned but we didn't- we didn't think much of it." Venus admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh..." "Look, Earth. You have to tell somebody- or get help. At this rate- it will kill you!" He said, exasperated. Silence. "I- uh... maybe. Ill... I guess I've told you. We could start with that?" He looked up at Venus. "And uh- sorry. For the uh... stuff I said."

"It's... well-" He bit his lip, remembering how much those words stung. "Will- I... It will take some time to forgive you but... we can start trying to be friends again." Venus said, and Earth had a relieved expression on his face, a small, yet genuine smile. One he hadn't seen in a while. "I'm fine with that."

(HOLY SCHEISSE THIS IS LONG- what can I say I love writing angst >:) The Sun angst is next. Epicly leaves for another month /j. 1011 words.)