[Moon Calling] What if?

(Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee here we goooooo anyway just had ramen, feeling good. Also fockin new school schedule Ill be a bit slow but ima tryyyyy

Moon panted as he entered Jupiter's orbit, and meekly moved under Jupiter's shadow. The gas giant was quite intimidating. And with Moon being quite a small celestial object, he hurried along, going to the outer edges of the moons orbits. As he travelled there, he couldnt help but shudder. Sure, Jupiter was a nice guy. He had heard Earth talk to him multiple times- even other planets. Yet, he couldnt help but often wonder if Jupiter would crumble him with his mass and gravity. His Roche limit was quite large so... nevermind. As he floated on, he could see a familiar moon with an atmosphere.

"Titan? Where are the others?"

He asked, going towards him, as Titan turned to look at the smaller moon.

"Oh, hey Moon! They er- went ahead. I decided to stay back since Saturn and the other moons would recognize and find me."

He explained, as Moon made an 'o' mouth, nodding in understanding. But he wanted to ask a question- just to make sure he knew where they were.

"So.. Ganymede and the others are in Saturn's orbit?"

Titan nodded.

"Yep- currently they are recruiting some others. My best bets are Dione, Enceladus, Mimas, Iapetus and maybe a few others. Though I hope Ganymede doesn't hit on Dione again, though-"

He groaned, as Moon started at Titan. Wait, Ganymede did WHAT- Did Jupiter or Saturn know about this? Were they even allowed to- he saved that thought for later, shaking his head in an attempt to get certain thoughts out of his head, and looked back up at Titan.

"Ganymede did WHAT?! How- What?"

Moon sputtered in confusion. He still had so many questions, as Titan awkwardly laughed, looking away.

"Yeah its a long story- Ill just shorten it though. Since Jupiter and Saturn are so close, Ganymede always flirted with her. I doubt he knows her name."

He groaned, shaking his head slowly in disappointment. Moon still stared, but ended up looking away from Titan, with slight confusion, but content with the information. Although he wishes that information would never have to be engraved into his head. He would have been much better off without it.

The two floated there a bit awkwardly, watching the inner planets from their position. Moon used that silence to think. He felt close to Titan- like he could be a close friend. Although they hadnt really established they were friends- and their relationship was a bit rocky. Yet- he felt this moon was the only other one he trusted. He glanced towards said moon, who was observing the orbits of Jupiter's moons. Should he really tell him- Moon, just do it! He would prefer this name more than just 'Moon'

"...Hey Titan?"

He muttered a bit shyly, as Titan quickly turned to him, perking up at his name being called.

"Yeah? Whats up?"

The blue and yellow moon asked, as the cratered other gulped, and sighed, still thinking if he should actually go through with this.

"I uhm... want to tell you something."

Moon said, looking up at the bigger moon, who stared at him curiously.

"Go on."

He smiled softly at Moon, which comforted him a bit. He took in a deep breath.

"You know how I'm always called.. 'Earth's moon'? 'Moon', 'The moon'? I dont really... you know, like that name."

He said honestly, which surprised Titan, but stayed quiet to let the Moon continue. He felt grateful, and spoke again.

"Ive always been trying to get others to listen- but they never do!... But your just- a good friend. One who'll listen. And I feel comfortable sharing this with you."

Moon smiled at Titan, who's eyes widened. Moon trusted him? Thought him as a friend?

"My other name... Its Luna-"

"Hey Titan! Hey Earths moon!"

Moon got interrupted by Ganymede, swaggering towards them. He felt annoyance, feeling it bubble under his crust, as the Galilean moons came up to them, followed by some other moons.

"We managed to recruit Dione, Ensalada-"

"HEY!"

"Iapetus, Mimas, and Hyperion to join us! We need a few more moons from maybe, Jupiter, and then- we'll be able to take down our Golden Boy."

Ganymede grinned, while saying this. Titan looked up at them, smiling.

"Good to know! You know, maybe Luna and I could join you guys this time and recruit more moons."

"Luna?"

"Eh- I'll explain on the way there. It's a bit of a story."

~~

(AIGHT THE FINAL PART IS DONE IMA GO FINISH OFF THE URANUS X SATURN AND MAYBE COMPLETE THE 'NO' VERSION- also fuggin writers and art block grgrrgrgrrrrrrrrrrrr- 788 words, bit shorter than usual but I tried-

Edit: Realizing i might or might not have sprinkled in some Titan x Luna by accident and that the name has a double meaning for Moons new name, and for them recruiting more moons