5 | You jump, I jump

ADIRA BOWEN

He picked out a few shirts while I stared at pretty sundresses. But none that suited my liking all too well, plus most were a fortune. One of these dresses cost me an entire month's rent.

"Alright pick what you want I got my stuff." I turned to see him with five shirts, a few pairs of shorts, and a suit or two as a man beside him held shoes.

"Oh nothing, I'm all set. I already have things packed for the trip Rhys." He stared at me and without any expression, he just shook his head.

"Yelena?" The clacking of someone's shoes came behind me and an elder woman stood tall beside me. She smiled at me as I turned "Can you please get my friend Adira here some clothes? She'll refuse you and be stubborn, choose for her if she can't choose for herself." She nods reluctantly and walks away. Now this was ridiculous.

"Rhys you can't buy me any clothes, I don't need them! I have my own clothes." He didn't listen instead I was pulled away to try on clothes that were absurdly priced.

Once I returned with a few things, Yelena came behind me with more than I tried on. I hadn't agreed to a lot of things. But she came with a handful of new items I hadn't even touched.

"A few more dresses and swimsuits." As I looked at the pile, I closed my eyes as I saw what lay underneath. I just prayed that Rhys didn't see it either, Yelena snuck in lingerie along with a garter belt.

Sneaky little bitch, but as I opened my eyes. The woman winked at me as she noticed me seeing it. I had some packed, but that was for before I ran from my wedding and a five-year relationship died.

I felt a little guilty, I knew I was worrying my mother. I hated that she'd find out through a letter rather than my own spoken words, she'd probably hate me. She was thrilled about this wedding from the start.

Rhys had met my mother many times over the years. I swear her eyes lit up when she saw the man, but now she'd definitely hate him.

"What's wrong?" I looked up to see him staring at me then he sighed, "Oh I know what this is about?" Yeah, I just ran from my wedding ruining my family possibly, "You're hungry." He took my hand and drove us straight out of the store.

The security guard was left behind and I'm guessing that was for him to take care of the bill. I almost trip over a rock as I stumble from his speed and he stops.

"What about the absurd amount of clothes you just purchased?" He shrugs.

"They'll make it to the hotel, are you okay?" I look to see myself now wrapped in his arms. I freeze awkwardly and pull away nodding.

"Yeah, just hungry" He tugs me forward again, our fingers intertwined. It sent my heart beating as his hand enveloped mine, he squeezed it once as we went forward. The smell of fried food filled my nose as we continued further.

We found ourselves on a busy boardwalk by the docs. The light sound of band music could be heard as people danced or stood to listen.

He dragged me forward and we found ourselves at an open restaurant on the water. We are led to our table and I sit in the cerulean blue chair. The night sky was absolutely clear and as I turned back to Rhys, his gaze was just caught on me.