9 | Sailboat

ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ

Adira Bowen

The motorcycle stops and I open my eyes to see a beach. It was loosely vacant with people and as I stepped off the motorcycle, Rhys removed my shoes. He placed them on the seat and took my hand.

As my feet hit the warm sand I felt calm. We walked towards the ocean and then he stopped in the middle. Reaching into his jacket he lifted a pack of sparklers.

He remembered.

The most magical part of the summer, sparklers. As a child, they terrified me, but slowly I found the magic in them. We'd all gone up to Tatum's Cape home for the 4th, they made fun of me for how excited I was about the sparklers.

Sparking one up and he handed it to me and then did another so I could hold two. Then he lit his own, I wrote his name and then mine. He just made a heart, one that made mine melt.

I twirled with them in hand as the moon sparkled against the water. I turned to him once my sparkler died and his to went out. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his lips against mine. My lips found their way all around his face placing small kisses.

We both pulled back for a moment staring at each other's lips and then our eyes met, "Can you spark another one for me?" I mumble.

"Yeah, but it'll cost you another kiss?" I don't even think twice as I lean in. He sucks against my bottom lip and as he lets go, he kisses my forehead. Then letting go he reaches into his bag for another sparkler.

I watch as he lights it for me then he hands it over and collects our burnt-out ones for disposal. I trace a heart back for him and soon it dies out. I lean back into his arms once again.

"Let's get out of here" He nods in agreement and leads us back to the motorcycle. I put on my helmet and wrapped it around him as he pulled away.

—————————————

He removed my helmet as we reached the hotel. He pulled me into a kiss as he removed his own and I couldn't help but giggle in between.

Taking my hand he leads us quickly through the lobby. I almost stumble at our speed and as we reach the elevator I watch as a couple waves at us to hold it. But instead, Rhys jams the close button with his thumb. I laugh as the doors shut.

"We are horrible people" Stepping forward he laughs and pulls me back into his arms. Our lips connect again this time stronger, my heart pulses.

"I'd rather be horrible with you than horrible alone?" He smiles in between the kiss, his hands cup my ass and he lifts me to wrap around his waist. Our eyes remain on each other as if we were the only two souls to exist. It was a feeling I'd never experienced, but yet it felt so familiar to me.

The doors open and he carries me through the hall. Then impatiently opens the door, causing him to drop the key which I can't help but laugh, "Way to go" I tease.

"Oh hush you" I nuzzled my face into his neck as he continued to attempt to open the door. Soon he gets it and the door shuts behind us. Holding me he never lets go of my lips, gently and tenderly.

He moves us past the couch he'd slept on and towards the bedroom. My heart thumped with each step and soon my back hit the duvet. He stared down at me, with a look that could make me cry.