Epilogue

Adira Bowen

It was in front of me, the aluminum and steel built structure. I could almost cry, years of work come to life and I got to see it. My plans were finished and sent over to NASA and now years later it's come to life.

My space vessel was displayed in front of me. It was shipped here for a private viewing as a special thanks. Though it could've been a breach in my security, Rhys made it work. He knew how much this moment meant to me.

I felt a hand squeeze mine and looked at Rhys. A proud smile was shed on his face as we stared at it.

"You did it Princess" I leaned my head on his shoulder taking comfort in him. I've never been closer with him in my life than these past few years. When he came home and reconnected with me and our children. It was like he was made for the job as a father, I swear they loved him more than me and that's something I was okay with.

We're still in the Algarve, but it's home. We've built a more simple life here safe away from it all. Where our children just get to be children and us two, we get to be simple human beings. Of course it wasn't all normal, a space vessel I built was in front of us and we were under a witness protection program.

But we lived freely within that.

"I never thought I'd get to see it, especially you, I never thought you'd get to see it" I whispered and I felt his arms wrap around me tight while his hands rested against my small bump. Relaxing into his arms, I felt secure.

"Mrs.Hawking, we have to take it back now" A woman speaks and I look to her. I was sad, I only got to see it for a few short moments, but it was here and it was real.

"I understand, thank you" She nods and signals people to make a move in on preparations for transportations.

Rhys takes my hand and we make our way out of the warehouse. A helicopter waited on the tarmac and Rhys helped me up into it before climbing in himself. He secured my seatbelt before doing his and then signaled the all clear.

This man was crazy when it came to being over protective, especially now. Every little thing I did he'd watch tentatively, but it wasn't smothering. He knew when I'd get annoyed and back off, but he just loved me.

I watched as we glided over the villages and soon spotted the landing point just a mile out from the house. I squeeze his hand as we descend down and meet the ground.

The car ride home is short as we pull up the hill and as the car stops the front door opens. The two race each other out the door to get to us. I hear Lily's laugh as she races infront of Julian and she makes it to our feet. Rhys scoops her up in his arms followed by Julian causing them to screech with laughter.

"Mommy how was your spaceship!" Julian asks with curiously, he found himself fascinated by space as well. It was something I'd learned to share with him.

"It was incredible, something out of a dream" I say placing a kiss against his head. Lily laid her head against Rhys out of breath but a smile remained on her face as she looked at me.

"Was it purple like I told you Mommy?" Lily asked. It was an idea she wanted me to implement. But of course, a purple vessel for Nasa wasn't really on the table for choices.

"My next one maybe, this one was silver. I didn't get to pick the color... but the seats are" I wink at her and she giggles.

"Daddy Mommy's so cool" Julian mumbles.