19 | Those eyes will be the death of me

ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ
Rhys Hawking

This Christmas morning was one I could have never wished enough for. I woke up to her nestled in between my arms as a fire crackled in the room. She was just so excited to be here with me.

The morning was quiet and calm, my mother stressed but we were all together. I hadn't gifted her big gift to her just yet, but I was more than excited to do so. But I knew she was nervous about this gala because it was bigger than she even knew.

It would be known to the world that I'd chosen my perspective wife. She'd never be fully safe again with her on my arm. She would be center stage and as I knew, this was the gala I was meant to go to with Cressida.

My father hadn't spoken to me all day, he wasn't here in the morning either. He just remained in his office, I just kept watch of Adira. I was defying every rule in the book for her, and I was happy.

I knocked on the door of the bathroom and it opened to her in just a garter belt and a laced black bra. Sighing she slumps, "Help me into my dress please?" She points to it, but I can't move. She turns back to me and sees it all over my face, "I'll deal with your blue balls later, I have places to be!"

My jaw drops and she continues forward lifting the dress off the closet door and sliding it up her perfect figure. Red was her color and on Christmas, it couldn't be more fitting. I move the zipper up and seal her tight inside as she steps in front of the mirror. She second-guesses herself until I step behind her.

"My wife is hot" I watch as her cheeks flush and she shakes her head, "That red lipstick better be scattered across my body later tonight Princess" I squeeze her hips as she presses her back against me. She grinds herself slightly as she feels me.

"I don't think I'm helping your case down there" She whispers and turns back to face my front, "I'm also not your wife, just your accomplice" She stands on her tiptoes and presses a kiss against my cheek, her first red mark of the night.

I kiss her red lips lazily as I smile, "Mm but one day Princess" She nods in agreement and heads quickly into the bathroom. She exits with a wipe and runs it down my face.

"Now how scandalous would that be with my lips on your face as we enter? Then they would know you're wrapped around my finger" She teased and made her way out the room. But before she reaches the hall I clutch her ass and kiss her cheek. Adira was mine, all mine and I'd let her know it forever.

——————————————

The gala was chaotic as expected. People I half knew came up to me with names I couldn't remember. The trick of Adira introducing herself first to help me. I just wanted to take her into another room and make her forget her own name.

She was tempting in every which way. I wasn't the only one to notice, but she looked incredible. As if she were the only woman in the entire room, but she was gracious. She spoke kindly and patiently with others and cared about their stories, even if I wanted to sleep, she was engaged in the conversation.

She was impressive in ways I could never have imagined. I simply just adored her presence with her wit and bright conversations. She wasn't a trophy wife in the ways one believed, it was a change for once. But who she was as a person and what she truly did do, it was refreshing.

"I have yet to meet Bill Nelson, but I don't know if he'd take me seriously. Sometimes I tend to be a little goofy at work" She mused within the circle we spoke in, "But I'd love to have your daughter Clara shadow me" An excitement flourished through the couple's eyes. Old friends of my parents whose daughter loved astrophysics.