Lily

Hope you enjoy this part.
_____________________________

When I finished my extra curricular class, I went alone to Alvin's house. The house was a huge mansion. I rang the doorbell and the butler came to me and sent me to their grand hall. A lady who was probably in her 50s came toward me.

She had natural curly updo hair. She had those wonderful deepset almond ocean blue eyes that resembled that of Alvin's. She had a button nose, full flat top round lips that gave me a warm smile. She had a heart mature face with generic skin.

"Hi. You must be Ashley Scott." She said reaching out her hand to greet me and we shook hands.

"I'm Mrs. Henrietta Pfizer, Alvin's mother." She added.

"Right, he resembles you." I lied.

"No, he resembles his father." Mrs. Pfizer said.

"He has your eyes and kind heart." I said, which made her smile start widening.

"You're such a sweet child." Mrs. Pfizer said holding my right cheek.

"Thanks, ma'am." I said.

"Don't call me ma'am, it'll make me feel old. Call me Mom or Henrietta." Mrs. Itt said.

"Okay, mom." I said.

"Good girl." Mrs. Pfizer chirped.

"Please, where is Alvin?" I asked.

"He must be by the pool." Mrs. Pfizer responded.

Then she took me there and went back into the house. I went closer to see Alvin basking near the pool in the pool chair.

"Hey idiot, I am here for our project." I said curtly.

"You're here, do enjoy the sun with me." Alvin said.

"I came for the project." I said tapping my feet repeatedly.

He got up and came closer to me and I took a step back. He kept coming closer and I kept moving backwards until I tripped and fell in the pool. I came out immediately and walked to Alvin angrily.

"You idiot!" I said angrily.

"I'm your idiot. You look so cute when you're wet and angry, Lily." Alvin said and winked. I instantly felt butterflies.

He covered me in his towel and sent me to his room. He went into his closet and brought me a black hoodie with black cargo fit trousers. He left the room as he took out the clothes he was going change into. The clothes was definitely not his, it's size was small for him, it was my exact fit.

Then the information about Smile came into my mind and I searched for at least her real name. I saw a picture of a girl my age in a frame in his closet. She had a button nose and azure-colored hair just like mine but she had big cute almond green eyes. I went downstairs to the hall and sat by Alvin.

"Take the juice on table." Alvin deadpanned as he stared at me for about 3 minutes straight without blinking.

"My hair is still wet." I said.

"Let me ask you this silly question." Alvin said.

"Go on." I said.

"What would you like for your crush to do for you?" Alvin asked.

"I'd like him to take me on many dates and lots of flowers. He has to know how to treat me like a queen even though I'm not. I want him to make time for me. Why did you ask?" I said. Was he taking me out?

Alvin burst out laughing. I looking at him pouting.

"Sorry, it was just funny, I almost swallowed my tongue." Alvin said sarcastically.

"What's so funny?" I said entirely annoyed.

"It doesn't matter." Alvin said.

"Whose clothes am I wearing because it is definitely not yours?" I asked.

"It's my mom's." Alvin replied sarcastically.

"I'm not a kid, Alvin." I said with a serious look.

"Let's start the project." Alvin said handing me a book while looking elsewhere.

"Don't change the topic." I said opening the book.

A paper fell out and I grabbed it immediately. I opened the folded paper and got up as Alvin tried to reach me.

"Give it to me, Ash!" Alvin exclaimed. He chased me for the paper but I read out loud what was in the paper.

"The thought of losing you, make me shatter into a thousand pieces,
The memory of us under trees of peaches,
The melodies we created,
The paintings we reinstated,
The years got cold,
Yet our hearts did not fold,
It's dark inside,
So please stick by my side,
You could not hold on,
And I could not cure ischemic heart condition,
I let you down,
Your death hurts, Lily Brown." I read.

Alvin sat down slowly as tears stung his eyes. I knew at once that he wrote it after his friend, Lily died.

"I'm sorry." I said

"Lily, sorry, Ashley. Leave." Alvin said curtly.

Mrs. Pfizer entered the hall. "Son, stop. Don't drive her away like you did to Lily." She said.

"Mom, don't remind me." Alvin said as he wiped the tears that attempted to flow down his face.

"I know it hurts that she's gone but there's no changing it and don't make that mistake twice." Mrs. Pfizer said.

"Let's not talk about this now." Alvin said while looking at me. Then he went to his room.

"Dear, come help me make dinner." Mrs. Itt chirped.

"Okay." I said.

"We'll be making Alvin's favorite. Only three people know how to make it. Today, I'll teach you." Mrs. Pfizer chirped.

"Which people know how to make it?" I asked.

"Lily, I and my late husband." Mrs. Pfizer said.

"Oh, who's Lily?" I asked.

"Lily is the most purest person I've ever met. She made Alvin so happy, he'd always come home with a smile on his face. I just wish Lily would live long enough to marry Alvin. You're wearing her clothes. Alvin bought it for Lily and after her death due to ischemic heart condition, he kept the clothes. She has been friends with Alvin for almost 7 years then she died one rainy night on her way to the hospital. That night was the night she told Alvin about her disease and he got furious and told her to leave the house. Since then Alvin tried many times to commit suicide until this year. You look similar to Lily." Mrs. Pfizer responded.

As we cooked the food, she told me more about Alvin and Lily, Alvin's childhood and his bond with his brother who left for Italy and his dad. Alvin had gone through so much. Mrs. Pfizer took me to the basement after we had finished cooking the food. The basement was filled with Alvin and Lily's stuff. Alvin guitar, Lily's drum set. The paintings they made.

"Alvin is the one who paints. Lily is a poet, her poems are in Alvin's room. He doesn't want anyone to touch them. Don't tell anyone about this, please. Go call Alvin for dinner. " Mrs. Itt added.

I went up to his room and knocked gently. Alvin opened the door and pulled me into a bear hug.

"I'm sorry." Alvin said softly.

"It's okay." I said as I smiled warmly.

"Let's go eat, I can smell the aroma from here." Alvin said as he dragged me to the dining room.

Alvin sat by me and held my left hand under the table and I could feel butterflies in my tummy. I felt happy. After we ate, we got to our project. When I felt tired, I decided we call it a day. I checked my phone to get a shock of my lifetime.
_________________________________

This part was to give better explanation on who Lily is.

Remember to give your comments.

:) 《☆M$☆》