So confused

Hi guys.

I know I have not been around much but balancing school and this is getting tiring but I'm not letting you guys down.

I will keep writing until my last breath.

Love y'all.

Enjoy.
___________________________________

"A date isn't about those things." Daven said. "Right now, it's about you and I."

Okay, I bet I blushed so hard. Ashley, no, you shouldn't blush. You broke his heart. You're the player here.

"But still, we shouldn't be in the rain. We'll catch a cold. I don't want to freeze to death." I said.

"Yet, you froze your heart." Daven said.

"I did that to protect myself." I said.

"From what?" Daven said and answered. "Love?"

I just nodded, knowing he guessed right. This guy gets me.

"Love isn't as nice as y'all think." I said.

"Ashley, love is a wonderful feeling. Love never fails. You just haven't found someone who will share that love with you." Daven said.

"You're right but where will I find such a person? Disneyland?" I said.

"How about right in front of you." Daven said.

He just knows what to say. He took my hand slowly and leaned in and kissed me. This time, something pulled me into that kiss. Geez, two guys in one day.

I had been running from this kiss my whole life. Waiting for the perfect time. This wasn't the first, but it's perfect. The rain droplets kept hitting us but it was in slow motion.

He pulled apart and said something that made me melt.

"I have been waiting for this moment for years. I will cherish this moment forever."

"Okay." I said with a soft smile.

"Open your heart for love, if it doesn't work out the way you want, I will stop trying." Daven said and kissed my forehead.

I nodded. I didn't love Daven but he still did and I've broken his heart once, I'm going to try not to do it again.

"Daven, aren't you afraid I'll hurt you again?" I asked.

"Then I'll let you go." Daven answered." But let's get out of the rain. Save yourself."

This was the cold guy, like three years ago. Now, he's all jolly. Daven ran to his car and I followed him. He dropped me off at home and told me he'll come to pick me up tomorrow for school.

The next morning, Daven did drop me off. I met someone I haven't met in years.

"Martin?" I questioned.

He was leaning by the entrance talking to Jacob. He looks much taller now.

"Ashley?" Martin said.

"Haven't seen you in a while." I said.

"Four years."

"How did you recognize me? I thought I looked different."

"You do. Back in middle school, you were a nerd, now you look cool."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"I didn't know you school here."

"He doesn't, he came to see us. I'm going to do something real quick." Jacob said and left.

"Us?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Jacob, Alvin and Dream." Martin said.

"Okay."

"So you talk to Alvin?"

"Yeah, a little." It wasn't entirely a lie.

"He still loves you."

"Ah, what?!"

"He still loves you."

"He never loved me." I deadpanned.

"He did."

"If he did why did he say he doesn't love me at that party."

"He thought he still loved Lily."

"Lily."

"But he loved you."

"He loved that dead girl. Sorry if it sounds rude. He said he doesn't love me. I know he meant it. He left me broken, Martin. I don't know if I am the only one but he was my first love and he destroyed it for me. It hurt me, it made me heartless and I broke other people. People who didn't deserve it. All because of him. He made me so confused." I said. Tears stung my eyes as I realized I finally let it out.

"He always tried to apologize. The day you left for New York. We were there. He came to see you one last time. He was afraid to come talk to you because he knew he had hurt you. He's been trying for so long but you always avert him, that's why I'm here."

"He sent you. That's why you're here. I can't believe this." I said.

"He said you were avoiding him and he didn't want to be pushy." Martin said.

"Gosh. I-" I said before Martin interrupted.

"-will give him a chance." Martin continued.

"No. I'm already giving someone else a chance."

"As in dating?"

"I guess so. Yes. I haven't opened my heart to love for a long time and I've given someone a chance so Alvin should back off."

"Please give him a chance, he said he'll bring me his mom's cookies if I come talk to you. Give me something that will soothe his heart." Martin pleaded. "I really love his mom's cookies. Do you want me to go on my knees?"

"Fine. For you."

"Yes! You're the best, Ashley."

"Tell him he should talk to me. I want to hear his petty excuses."

"My job here is done. You have to get to class now, you're already late." Martin said looking at it wrist as if there was a watch on it but there wasn't.

"Won't you go to school?" I asked.

"Today, I'm ditching school. See ya later, Ash."

I don't remember Martin Luther being so jolly. I remember him being glued to his phone.

I went to my class. Another usual lecture. I got a text from Bertin.

Bertin: The girl is not really great. All about beauty. Waste of time.

Ashley: Told you so.

I guess I am a love expert but not a lover. After school, Daven picked me up for a walk. He held my hand and had them entwined. Kinda cute. He dropped me off at home. When we entered Alvin was sitting in our couch. He got up once he saw me.

"Oops. Both of them." Bertin said.

Bad timing. Daven extended his hand to Alvin to greet him.

"Hi, I'm Daven Pittman." Daven introduced.

"Alvin. Alvin Pfizer." Alvin said as he looked down to our entwined hands.

"I haven't seen you around. Who are you here for?" Daven asked.

"It's about to go down." Bertin said.

"Ashley." Alvin said.

__________________________________

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all.

MichyScribbler ®