Cousins

Te quiero
Learning Spanish again.
________________________________________

"A nightmare." Mom said.

"That's suppose to be my line." I said.

The next day, as I walking in the hallways with Esme, when I noticed Jacob (the redhead guy) walking with Alvin and they were talking like they knew each other for ages. When Jacob spotted he pulled Alvin towards me.

"Dude, this is my baby girl, Serafina." Jacob said and I rolled my eyes. "Serafina, this is my bro, Alvin."

"Enchanting to meet you, Alvin." I said.

"Serafina, how're you doing?" Alvin played along.

"Fine." I said.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Alvin asked.

"I thought we never met." I said curtly.

"Wait, Jacob, you said Alvin is your bro?" Esme said.

"Yeah, he's my cousin." Jacob said.

"But how come you have red hair and he doesn't." Esme said. I guess sometimes she dumber.

I held Esme's hand and pulled her and we walked past them speedily and went to our various classes. When we closed, Alvin cornered me.

"Why are avoiding me? What's wrong with my surname?" Alvin asked.

I couldn't tell him the truth. I'll be traumatized and humiliated again.

"Your surname is silly and weird and unusual." I said. I know what I said isn't convincing but I had to say something.

"Okay." Alvin said with a confused face. "But you look angry at me."

"Oh, me. I'm totally not angry at you." I lied in a chirpy manner. Of course, I'm angry at him, he humiliated me badly. My poor reputation.

"Okay then let me walk you home." Alvin offered.

"No need to." I said.

"I insist." Alvin said.

Indeed he did walked me home but our walk so dead silent so I broke up the silence. It creeped me out.

"So, you're from Canada?" I asked.

"Yeah, just left here for Italy last 3 years." Alvin replied.

"Why did you leave Canada?" I asked.

Alvin sighed heavily and I knew his answer would be part of the truth I'm looking for.

"To get away from the memories that was killing me and because my brother also wanted to take care of my mom." Alvin said.

"What kind of memories were killing you?" I asked.

"Memories of my late bestie and a girl who meant a lot to me." Alvin said.

"A girl who meant a lot to you?" I questioned.

"Exactly." Alvin confirmed.

The girl is probably Melissa. It's obvious.

"What happened to that girl?" I asked.

"She traveled." Alvin replied.

Melissa has traveled. Where?

"Where?" I asked.

"U.S.A" Alvin said.

Melissa has gone to U.S.A and I never saw her. Maybe, she was in another city.

"Why did you come back to Canada? This place isn't that cool. The weather here is often cold." I said.

"The weather doesn't really matter. I came back because I have hope to see that girl again." Alvin said.