"GET OUT!"

Have fun reading guys.
________________________________________

"Is that even good news." Mom said.

"Don't you know that crohn is a life - threatening disease?" Dr. Moore asked.

"Ok, I know that." Mom said.

"Her chances of survival has risen from 2% to 45%." Dr. Moore said.

"45%?!" Mom exclaimed.

"Where's the other 55%?" Bertin said sarcastically.

"The other 55% will come if she can push forward to survival." Dr. Moore said.

"Then I will push forward." I said determined.

"I like your determination, courage and confidence. I hope you continue to have all of that because you're going to need it." Dr. Moore said.

...

The next few weeks, my aunt hired a tutor for me so I could learn in the hospital. She also got me a new phone. Bertin started schooling in his new private school and Gisele started working as a pilot still under training while  I cried everytime something reminds me of Alvin, Silvia and Melissa. I had made a fool of myself hoping that he loved me like I did. I was just holding onto to someone he was not. I guess young people really fall for the wrong people.

I guess I opened my heart up too early and fell too hard. I promise I will never fall for anyone again. I've given up on love. My expectations led to a great disappointment. I guess I am being too emotional but he chose my bestfriend over me.

The next few weeks were all about tests, therapy, constant pain, checkups and sometimes surgeries and my tutor would come and teach me. The same routine kept repeating itself until one day. A guy was admitted into the hospital but he had a bad temper.

"Nurse." I called.

"Yes, dear." The nurse replied.

"Who's the guy in the other room, like three rooms from here but can hear him shouting from here?" I asked.

"Oh, Daven Pittman." The nurse said.

"Daven, huh? Why is he always shouting at people?" I asked.

"He has depression. Anyways, I have to go." The nurse said as she left.

The Daven guy had depression. Depression is a serious condition. The next day, when I was quietly reading a novel while strolling around the hospital corridors, I heard a crushing noise of a glass from the Daven guy's room. I peaked by his ajar door.

"Get out of my sight, you worthless being!" Daven shouted.

"Yes, sir." The nurse said.

The nurse picked up the broken pieces and one broken glass cut the tip of her finger slightly. The guy was absolutely insane and heartless. I went in to help the nurse and we both got out quickly.

"Why don't you stand up for yourself, ma'am?" I asked.

"Daven is just 19 year old boy who is suffering from depression. He has been suffering since he was 6, so I have to have patience with him." The nurse said.

"Okay." I said.

"I'm Patricia Harris. Call me Ms. Patricia or just Patricia. Calling me ma'am will make me age quickly." Ms. Patricia said.

"Ok, Ms. Patricia. I'm Ashley Scott." I said.

"Ok, Ashley. Why don't you go rest in your room?" Ms. Patricia said.

I went back to my room and thought of how someone can be so heartless. The next few days, I continued to hear Daven's shouts and tantrums.

"You know you can go outside and have some air but please let someone go with you." Ms. Patricia said.