Leukemia

Hola mi familia.

I'm learning Spanish slowly. I hope what I said was right.

Enjoy reading pals.
_______________________________________

~Sage: Wrecker.

~Ashley: I'm bumped out right now. At least, Alvin left Canada 3 years ago.

~Sage: Then you can stay there forever. Not forever specifically, I want to here. I miss my bestie.

~Ashley: I'll school here but I'll come back to USA.

~Sage: Promise?

~Ashley: Promise.

I ended the call. Yeah, I know I didn't tell everything but I didn't feel like telling him everything. The next day, I went on my walk in the park with Dad. He asked me more of how my life is.

"Great." Dad said referring to what I just said. You guys don't need to know. It's none of your business *folded arms*

"Dad, I hate to break it to you but why didn't you tell us you have leukemia." I said softly.

"How'd you know?" Dad whispered.

"I heard your conversation with Mom yesterday. I know everything." I said softly.

"I'm fine. You're fine. Everyone is fine. Everything is fine." Dad chirped.

"No, I know you're dying. Your leukemia is getting worse." I whispered.

"I have done the most important thing in life so I'm ready to die anytime." Dad whispered.

"And what's that?" I questioned.

"I lived, Ashley. I've lived." Dad chirped.

I love my dad and now he was going to die. I couldn't take it. I hugged him tight.

"We'll get you treatment." I stated.

I let go of Dad and stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked ahead a little. After a few seconds, I didn't feel Dad behind me. He was staring at me with a warm smile. As he took one step ahead, he let out loud belch and we both laughed. He then let out a cough and dropped to the ground and his nose was bleeding. I immediately called the ambulance and got him to a hospital. By the time Mom, Gisele and Bertin got to the hospital, the doctor came out to give us information.

"I hope you're all aware that Mr. Scott has leukemia." The doctor said.

"Leukemia?!" Gisele said in shock.

"How's that possible?" Bertin asked.

Mom and I just stayed quiet and the doctor spoke up.

"It seems two of you know and the other two doesn't know." The doctor stated.

"Ashley, you know?" Gisele asked.

"Mom, you know?" Bertin asked.

"I do. But how did you know, Ashley?" Mom asked.

"I heard you and Dad talking about it yesterday." I said.

Mom sighed and we went to see Dad. He was not yet awake but we hoped for the best. We didn't have enough money for Dad's treatment. Gisele got a job at the airline. Bertin and I finally decided to get a job at a cafe. Dad stayed in the hospital from then on. Months passed, it seemed like Dad's treatment was slowly taking effect. One cold night, Dad called me when I was taking night shift.

Call..

~Ashley: Hi, dad. Are you okay? Is anything wrong?

~Dad: I would want strawberries right now.

~Ashley: I'm working right now but I'll get you some right now.

~Dad: Don't hang up. I want to talk to someone.

~Ashley: Where's mom?

~Dad: She's gone back home because Bertin has gotten a hickey or a bruise, not sure.

~Ashley: That's why Bertin is not here now. I hope he's okay.

~Dad: Yeah.

~Ashley: Why won't Mom bring Bertin to the hospital?

~Dad: She said it would be better if we use that money to care for my treatment.

~Ashley: That's right.

~Dad: You guys are worrying about me so much.

~Ashley: Okay, let me get back to working so we can take care of you. If you feel sleepy, you can sleep. Don't wait too long for me.

I ended the call and continued working.   As I was dusting the shelf as our manager, Mrs. Shrapnel told me to. The lady was very hot tempered and fired workers just like that. As I was dusting the shelf, I accidentally knocked off one of Mrs. Shrapnel useless antiques. The moment she heard the crashing noise of the antique, she came running and fired me.

"You're fired!" Mrs. Shrapnel exclaimed.

"It was just an accident." I explained.

"You're fired!" Mrs. Shrapnel repeated.

"Seriously?" I said.

"Bertin clean up this mess. Where is Bertin?"  Mrs. Shrapnel questioned.

"Bertin is hurt, so he's at home." I answered.

"Tell him that he's fired too!" Mrs. Shrapnel exclaimed.

I removed my apron and went to a nearby store to get Dad's strawberries. Our family loved strawberries a lot so I was eager to eat some first, it's for dad I shouldn't eat some. Maybe just one bite.  No, we'll eat when I get there. The moment I entered the hospital with half of the strawberries left. Don't worry, I bought three boxes of strawberries so I could have some. I got a call from mom.

~Mom: Where are you, dear?

~Ashley: I'm almost getting to Dad. I'm at the hospital.

~Mom: Your dad is dead.

_____________________________________

Sorry guys.

I know that the chapter is very short but I wanted it to be a little dramatic in the next chapter.

I also know my story is more of disease but that's life. People die everyday. :(

I appreciate your supportive vote and comments. I love you guys so much. Thanks<3

XX

;) 《☆M$☆》