Melissa

I'm so excited for this chapter.

Thanks for reading.

____________________________________

Still in Silvia's POV:

"And whose fault is that, Melissa?" I asked.

"It's not mine." Melissa said.

"You really need that rehab again. You burnt Alvin's room. You could have killed him." I said.

"And I failed." Melissa said.

"When you get back to your senses then we'll talk." I said as I shook my head and left the cafe.

Back to Ashley's POV:

"I really like your idea of removing the dye." Daven said as he leaned on my bathroom wall, reading.

"Why?" I asked as I continued to wash.

"Your azure hair brings out the real you." Daven said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I said as I lifted my head from the sink.

Daven placed the book somewhere safe and grabbed a towel and used it to dry up my hair.

"Why did you decide to do that anyway?" Daven said as he continued to dry up my hair.

"I'm done hiding." I stated.

"I'm proud." Daven said.

I collected the towel and continued to dry up my hair as he picked up the book and followed me back into my room. I did my hair.

"Why don't you stay at college?" Daven asked.

"I need to be here. My dad wanted me to be here for the family so I don't want to stay in college. Besides, it's not a long walk to school." I said.

"Oh okay. You're a great daughter and sister and girlfriend." Daven said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Ashley, if I was mad will you marry me?" Daven asked as his eyes were still glued to the book.

"Of course not. Why would I do that?" I retorted.

"Queen Charlotte did." Daven said.

"Queen Charlotte married him without knowing. After the marriage, then she found out." I said.

"Hmm, Ashley, will you hide from the heavens with me?" Daven asked.

"You're really into this book. How does my hair look? Honest answer." I asked.

Daven placed the book on the bed and came up to me and aided me to get up.
His face came closer to mine. My face heated up quick.

"Will you hide from the heavens with me?" Daven asked as he took my hand in his.

"I will not go over the wall." I said in a British accent. "Okay, we're starting to sound like book nerds."

We both burst out laughing.

"By the way, try a new style with your hair. You look ugly." Daven said as he went back to sit on the bed.

My heart was still on the run even though he just pissed me off with his comment. I just tied up my hair in a loose bun.

"I'm going to fetch something for us to eat." I said.

"I'm coming with you."

"With your head stuck in a book?"

"Yeah. I love this book." Daven said, not looking up from the book. "So what are you going to make?"

"I don't know. Just something. I'll bake cookies." I said.