The End

I'm so excited this is my last chapter.

I made it so far.
___________________________________

Still in Ashley's POV:

Yeah, life went on. I still felt sorry for Melissa and her unborn baby's death. Vengeance had blinded her. One gloomy day, I went to Dad's grave alone.

I know he can't hear me because he's dead and the dead can't hear anything and can't do anything at all but saying what I had to say out loud felt good.

It felt like he was still alive.

"Dad, I escaped death, twice. I hope you could too. Gisele is getting married next month. Bertin is going for internationals next week. Gisele, Bertin, Mom and I are still learning to live with you, even though we didn't want to." I said.

"Yes, I've missed three years of my life but I'm glad I get to keep living. Things are going smoothly. Years passed but the love you left continues to stay. I continue to keep it all in my heart. I'm still your little girl." I continued.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I knew you'd be here, after checking multiple places.  He loves you so much, to the extent he hated me. I still visit my dad's grave too." Alvin said.

"And Lily's too? " I asked.

Alvin nodded.

"I'm sorry you had to lose her." I sighed. "And me too."

"Wait, you died? Are you a ghost?" Alvin joked as he poked my shoulder.

"I mean, I couldn't be yours. I chose Daven." I said.

"He's fortunate to have you. He deserves you. I'm just happy that you're happy." Alvin said.

"You can't keep surviving on that." I said as I turned to look at him.

"Well, I have nothing else to survive on." Alvin said. "Your dad would haunt me, even if you chose me."

I giggled. "Ghosts aren't real. I'll be leaving for New York after my university."

"In that case, I hope you have a safe trip." Alvin said.

"You don't want me to go." I said the obvious truth.

"Of course, I want you to go. Your journey isn't mine." Alvin said.

"I'll marry Daven before I go." I said.

"Ashley, you love him. Marry him. Do you want me to crash your wedding?" Alvin said as he turned to look at me.

"You'll be happy. You're taking over your mom's business and setting another of your own." I said.

"Everyone will be happy. Daven is waiting for you in the driveway." Alvin said.

I turned behind me and saw Daven leaning on his car in driveway, looking all charming and witty. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I hugged Alvin and he hugged me back.

"You will find another reason to survive on soon." I said.

"Only if I will." Alvin said.

Why is this guy so hopeless?

"You will." I said as I ran to Daven.

He was my first reason to survive. He never gave up on me. He was the one I wanted.

...

Months passed, Gisele was now Gisele Pfizer. Mrs. Gisele Pfizer and I, Mrs. Ashley Serafina Pittman. Bertin, an international basketball player. He was a good type of player. Not like mine.

Daven and I were in the airport along with everyone, saying goodbyes and farewells. Daven held my hand.

"I'm glad I didn't jump off that building in the hospital." Daven said.

"You wouldn't have jumped anyway." I said.

"Then I'm glad I got played by a player. Which is obviously you." Daven said.

Alvin was my player, not entirely though but I was Daven's player. I'm his player. I'm the player. Love started it all and it will end it all. Love - this isn't a story with entitlement 'Love' but that's one of life's foundations. Love never fails.

"I love you, Daven." I said.

"I love you, my player, my Mrs. Ashley Serafina Pittman." Daven said.
___________________________________

Tatalalalaaaa

The End.

I really didn't expect my book to turn out like this.

It's better than I imagined.

All thanks to all my followers. I would love ideas on a new book. A new inspiration.

I hope y'all loved my book.

MWAH! XOXO

Y'all deserve a lot more.

Your writer,

MichyScribbler®