Sorrows

Hi there.

Hola mi amigos.

I'm glad we're jumping into a new chapter. Sit, relax and grab a snack while you're at it.

______________________________________

"What?" Bertin said.

"Now, Bertin." Ms. Hart said.

The next day, we all gathered at Ashley's house. This time, Esme, Dream, Jacob and some four other boys joined us.

Ashley really has a lot of people with her.

"I called the police here. They'll be here soon to track the location of that Melissa." Daven said.

So dumb! We're being watched.

"Even I know that is not entirely smart." Bertin said.

"We're being watched, Daven." Silvia said.

"Oops. They're already on their way." Daven said.

What a dumb boyfriend you have, Ashley.

"If Ashley dies, I'm going to blame you." I said.

"Nuh-uh. You caused this. You brought this tragic killing love story." Daven shot back.

"You are literally putting Ashley's life in danger." I said.

"I was helping." Daven said.

"Well, you're making it worse!" I said. "What a boyfriend Ashley has."

"At least I didn't break her heart. I didn't leave her with a nightmare. I didn't turn her into a monster." Daven shot back.

"I love her and I will anything to keep her safe." I said.

"F*ck that love of yours. It only brought her pain." Daven said.

"I never meant for that to happen." I said, realizing everything.

"Well, it happened, because of you. She couldn't love me back for years because of you. She hurt others because of you. She hurt herself because of you. Her life is in danger now because of you. You're a danger, a plague to her." Daven said.

"I'm sorry I hurt her but I'm trying to fix what I broke." I said.

"She doesn't need it. Keep your pity. Stay out of my way. Let me save the woman I love before she's gone forever." Daven said.

"You can't keep me from helping. I will keep trying, keep helping no matter what." I said.

There was a knock on the door. Gisele went to invite them in. It was the police. They told us to call Melissa so they could track her whereabouts.

Silvia called her.

Melissa's POV:

Silvia started calling me.

"Melissa, you can't answer. The police they invited will track our whereabouts." A friend of mine from the asylum I escaped from named Jane Wolf.

"I have to give them a clue. I need Alvin here." I said and picked up the call.

"Hi. Melissa." Silvia said.

"Hi. Are you calling me to discuss the ransom?" I asked.

"Yeah. How much was it?" Silvia asked.

"Since the police are tracking my whereabouts now, how about we make that two million." I said.

"Where are you?" Silvia asked.

"Hamilton. Locke Street. The address is for you to find." I said as I ended ended the call.

I smashed the phone completely on the ground.

"You are good." Jane said.

"Of course I am." I said.

I went to the room where Ashley was tied up in a chair.

"They'll be here soon to pick up your corpse." I said with that grin.

"Why do you want to kill me so bad? I don't even remember what I have done to you." Ashley said.

"You took him away from me. He couldn't love me because of you. He was always like Ashley likes this, Ashley doesn't like that, I wonder how Ashley's doing. F*ck you." I blurted out.

"It's not my fault. You hurt me too, you know. You dated the one guy I wanted. You can't base on just Alvin to kill me." Ashley said.

I scoffed. "Ever since we became best friends, you took everyone away from me. My parents liked you better, constantly comparing me to you."

"I didn't know that. I'm sorry." Ashley said in a low tone.

"I became that girl for Alvin, yet you had him. Silvia, our friend, always liked you better, currently she's fighting to get you back alive. That's not going to happen." I said.

"Just let me go. I didn't take everything from you." Ashley said.

"My parents are dead." I said.

"My dad died. Leukemia. Yours? Accident?" Ashley said.

"I killed them." I said as tears stung my eyes.

"What?! How could you? Why, why Melissa?" Ashley asked.

"It all started with you. Alvin found out I was lying for him to date me. He broke up with me, not understanding how much I love him. I went to his room one day, to surprise him, set up candles so we could have a good time after his bath. The room was set on fire by mistake. They said I was mad. I went to mental institution. I suffered there. I escaped and went to my parents, they didn't understand me trying to send me back." I said.

"Then you killed them." Ashley said.

"Yeah, it started with you and it will end with you." I said as I picked up a pocket knife from the table at the corner.

"He broke your heart?" Ashley asked.

"Do I have to answer that?" I said.

"He broke my heart too. It turned me into a monster and I hurt others, causing them sorrows." Ashley said.

"Sorrows?" I repeated.

"I became the villain in a lot of people's stories even yours. I thought it'd make me feel better. Honestly, at some point it did but it didn't last. It wasn't worth it. You are the villain in my story now but we can change that because I understand you." Ashley said.

"Don't lie to me. You don't understand. You can't understand." I said.

"Maybe I don't. But our pain isn't much far from the other." Ashley said.

I dropped the knife to the ground and left the room. I sat behind the door and my eyes couldn't hold the tears back anymore. It all came out.

Jane bent down beside me.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll kill her together." Jane said as she wiped a tear from my face with her hand.

"We will, not now." I said.

______________________________________

See y'all in the next chapter.

Still so excited.

My heart beats every minute for what I have in store for you.

MichyScribbler.