Chapter 4 - Oh Boy

Alyssa Takada

I opened my eyes slowly, and the all-white ceiling greeted me. My whole body was aching, and I could feel my head still hurting. I sat up and pulled the IV off my hand. I changed into my dress, grabbed my bag, and walked out.

I tried to find a nurse to ask where I could pay all the hospital bills because I didn't want to stay here. I'm not too fond of hospitals, even though my husband is a doctor who works at the hospital 24/7. 

"Where do you think you're going?" I froze when I heard Liam's voice. I slowly turned around, and his eyes were stuck on the hand where I pulled the IV off.

"I want to go home." He grabbed my arm and brought me back to my hospital room.

"What happened?" He asked as he crossed his arms before his chest, looking at me annoyed.

"I experienced a very bad headache and fainted."

"And now you're planning to run away?" He asked, gesturing to my body. 

"I don't like it here," I said and gave him an awkward smile, which made him shake his head.

"Stay here." He walked out of the room, and I started to get anxious. Instead of listening to what he said, I decided to go out and make a run for it. Before I could reach the lobby, Liam caught me and picked me up like a rice sack.

"I told you to stay in your room!" He spanked my ass. I can't believe he did that in a hallway where people can see.

"I don't like it here." He brought me back and put me on the bed.

"Change your clothes back." He pointed at the hospital gown that I was in earlier.

"No."

"Change, or I'm going change it for you." I rolled my eyes. I didn't take his words seriously because he told me once that he was not interested in seeing my body.

"No. I want to go home." Without any warning, he pulled my body up, making me stand up. He pulled both of my dress straps down, letting the dress fall. Now, I stood in front of him only in my panties.

"Liam!" I was about to grab my dress again, but he stopped me. His hand accidentally caressed my breast as he took my hospital gown. He put it on me and made me lay again on the bed.

When he was out, he brought a new IV for me.

"No!" I got up from the bed, but Liam stopped me.

"Listen, I don't have time to take care of you. Either you behave, or I will call the nurse to do it for you." He said it coldly, and I pouted. I looked away as I sat on the bed.

"What happened to you?" He asked as he put the IV into my veins, causing me to groan in pain.

"I told you that I have a bad headache and fainted."

"Do you think I'll believe that?" He asked, and I turned to him. I'm not too fond of it when he can see through me so clearly. I don't like it a bit.

"That's the truth."

"I'm assuming you have a panic attack." He always knew. I hate it when he knows me too well. He doesn't even like me, so how is it possible?

"Are you dating Thea?" I asked, remembering our encounter earlier.

"Yes."

"You have a wife!"

"And I never wanted to marry you."

"So you want an open relationship because of it?" I asked him in disbelief as he released my hand.

"Why not? Please find someone so you can divorce me." He said it nonchalantly.

"I will not divorce you," I said firmly.

"Oh, you will." With that, he walked out of the room. I could feel my heart aching.

Liam Hastington

"How's her condition?" Thea asked.

"Good."

"Did she tell you what happened to her?" I turned to her, annoyed. Since I told Alyssa we were dating, she started acting like she could ask me everything.

"Bad headaches." I gave Alyssa's chart to the nurse.

"You should have left it to Steven. You're a surgeon." Thea blabbered, and I turned to her.

"I can do whatever I want, Williams." I snapped, and she looked stunned.

I went back to my office to check my surgery schedule. I checked my phone to see if there was an update from Rocky about Anton's mistress, Frankie.

Suddenly, my office door burst open, revealing Mickey.

"Cam's condition drops. We're performing CPR now." With that, I quickly followed him to the ICU and saw nurses and doctors gathered. As soon as I walked in, they let me check on him while doing CPR. I sighed when I saw his heart starting to slow down. I told them to shock him.

Instead of getting better, Cam showed no progress. We kept trying until his heart stopped beating. I announced his death time and left the room. Some nurses cried because Cam had been in the hospital for six months.

I walked out of the ICU and decided to grab a coffee. 

My phone vibrates, and Rocky tells me he got Frankie in Mexico. I told him to bring him to New York, and I want their answers.

As if I could sense Alyssa's presence, I turned to see her stopping when she saw me. She was holding her IV pole and took a few steps back.

"What do you want?" I asked, and she smiled before walking towards me.

"Iced tiramisu latte with oat milk." She ordered.

"Four shots of Americano."

"When can I be discharged?" She asked as she looked at the cakes. "Can I get a tiramisu cake too?"

"Yes." She squealed and clapped her hands, which ended up hurting her because of her IV.

"When can I be discharged?" She asked again, but I ignored her as I paid for our coffee and cake.

"Can I get out tomorrow?" And again, I ignored her. Her phone rang, and she looked at the screen for a few seconds before pressing the red button. It's her dad, and she didn't even bother to pick it up.

"Can you not date Thea?" She asked but in a very odd tone.

"Why not?"

"You know why." She grabbed her tiramisu latte and my coffee, forgetting that she had an IV pole. I grabbed it and pushed it so it wouldn't hurt her. She grabbed the cake and then turned to the pole, wondering how can she drag the pole to the table when her hands were full.

I grabbed it, and she smiled.

"Let's sit here." I pushed the pole, and she put down all the coffee and her precious cake. I sat down, and she took a sip.

"This is so good!" She pointed. "You should try it!"

"No."

"Try it!" She glared and forced me to drink it. I took a sip, and it was good.

"I told you." She said, and I shook my head. I drank my coffee, and she grabbed the fork to take a bite of the cake.

"How's your day today?"

"A patient died." She gasped.

"What happened?"

"Complications." She pouted and looked at me sadly.

"Why are you crying?"

"That's so sad." Oh boy.