Chapter 5 - Home

Alyssa Takada

After I made sure that Liam was gone, I opened my eyes and quickly got out of the room. I don't like being alone in a place I'm not used to. I sat on the bench in the hallway, looking up at the ceiling.

Even though I'm sleepy, I don't want to sleep.

A few nurses greeted me as they passed, confused to see me outside. My eyes were heavy, but I didn't want to sleep. I don't feel safe even though I'm very aware that I'm in the hospital. My husband works here, and he's here in the hospital, so why am I so scared?

"Miss, are you okay?" I turned to see a doctor walking towards me.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you outside?" He checked on my IV drops before turning back to me. He has messy jet-black hair and thin glasses. He smiled at me, making his small dimple near his chin visible.

"I can't sleep." He checked the time on his watch.

"Do you mind if I sit and accompany you for a while?" He asked politely, and I nodded. He sat beside me, and he put his hand out.

"I'm Finn. Finn Warren." He introduced himself, and I took his hand, "Alyssa Takada."

"Nice to meet you." He said as he pulled his hand away, "How long have you been staying here?"

"A day. I fainted because I had a bad headache." I lied.

"You should drink more water next time, and don't forget your vitamins." I turned to him and chuckled.

"I'll keep that in mind. Are you a surgeon?" I asked.

"No. I'm a pediatrician." My eyes widened. I always have fluttered seeing pediatricians because they're so good with kids.

"Did something happen?"

"Just checking up on some of my patients." I smiled, and he continued, "Do you like kids?"

"Yes!"

"Why are you outside?" I froze when I heard Liam's voice. I turned to see him walking towards me.

"Doctor Hastington, why are you here?" Finn asked, confused.

"Get back into your room, Alyssa." Liam's tone was a sign that he was unhappy seeing me outside.

I got up, "Can I stay here for a few minutes? I do—"

"Get in." Liam cut me, and I turned to Finn, "It was nice meeting you. Thank you." I smiled, and Finn nodded. Liam brought me into the room, and he injected something into my IV.

"I can't sleep."

"You'll sleep in a couple of minutes." I sat on the bed, looking at him, who was seriously checking my IV drops. "I've always wondered if one day you will poison me because you want a divorce so bad."

"Good idea. I'll keep that in mind." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Do you know Finn?" I asked.

"Yeah." My eyes felt heavy all of a sudden, and I lay on the bed.

"Can I go home later at noon?" I asked Liam.

"Depends on your condition."

"You know I'm healthy!"

"You have headaches, remember?" Ugh.

"I want to go home!"

"Stop whining like a child." He hissed.

"You're mean."

"Then divorce me." I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

Liam Hastington

After I ensured she was sleeping, I walked out of her room and made my way to the nurse station. Finn was talking to the nurse while holding one of his patient's charts. I threw the injections and checked on Alyssa's record for all of the medicines that she will take tomorrow.

"Why do you care so much about her? Is she your girlfriend?" Finn asked.

"No."

"I'm pretty sure Grace will do a great job to give all her medicines tomorrow." I turned to Finn, thoroughly annoyed. My eyes landed on the chart that he was currently looking at, and it was Alyssa's.

"This is your first time, Doctor Hastington. You usually don't check them unless he's your patient." Marie said she's the head nurse and needs to retire, "Do you like her?"

"No." I ignored all the stares and went back to my office.

My phone rang, and it was Blake.

"What's up, Lockwood?"

"What kind of information do you want from Frankie?" He asked.

"And what are you planning to do with my prisoner?" I asked, sighing.

"Because she's working with Gorgon now. I plan to kill her once I get some answers about Gorgon."

"I'll go to the headquarters tomorrow, Lockwood. Can you wait for me?" I could hear people screaming in the background.

"Fine. See you tomorrow." With that, he ended the call. 

I decided to rest for three hours by sleeping on a small bed. Alyssa should sleep until nine a.m., and I'll discharge her at twelve.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep right away.

I woke when my alarm went off. I got up and checked the time, exactly three hours. I washed my face off and walked out to check on Alyssa.

I decided to call Rocky, and he answered after the first ring.

"Yes, Mr. Hastington."

"Send me all the CCTV when Alyssa fell unconscious." They bumped into me when she had just left a patient's room.

"Okay. I'll send it to you right away. Anything else?"

"That's all." They walked beside me, trying to talk to me. She opened and closed her mouth a couple of times.

"How's Alyssa? Is she doing great?"

"Mind your own business. Don't ask about my patients." I snapped, and she stopped following me. I took several turns before arriving in front of Alyssa's room. I saw her still sleeping, but she was sweating like crazy.

Her hands were flinching a couple of times, and it looked like she was having a nightmare. I held her hand, and it was so cold. I checked her IV drop when suddenly she gripped my hand so tightly.

Her nails were digging into my skin.

"Alyssa," I called, trying to wake her up. She opened her eyes slowly, and when her eyes met mine, she screamed. "No! Please!" She screamed in horror.

"It's me." I tried to grab her wrist, but she pushed me away. She ripped her IV and ran out of the room. I quickly followed her and stopped her. I hugged her from the back, and she tried to push me away. She even screamed more, causing some nurses and doctors to show up.

"It's me, Liam." I forced her to turn to me.

"It's me," I repeated, but this time, I said it slowly. She started to calm down. I hugged her, and her body was stiff as cardboard.

"I want to go home." She whispered, and her voice was trembling.

"We'll go home," I whispered back.