Chapter 39 - FXXK

Liam Hastington

After I told Alyssa about my past, she understood where I came from. Then she told me she needed space, and I let her spend a day alone.

Last night, she dropped the bomb that she was attending Tony's birthday dinner. She asked me if I wanted to come, and of course, I had to tag along.

We both exited the car, and Sally was already waiting for us. Alyssa gave her a big hug, and she turned to me. I walked to them and offered Sally a brief hug.

We made our way in, and they were sitting outside. I wrapped my arm around Alyssa, who was busy talking to Sally about her day. When we walked out, Tony got up, and Alyssa wished him a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday, Tony," I said and hugged him.

"What happened?" He asked, pointing at my hand.

"Accident." He patted my back, and Alyssa gave him a bottle of wine, saying that it was from the both of us. Then, the couple introduced us to their children.

"This is Liam and Alyssa, the couple that I told you guys."

"Liam and Alyssa. This is Wesley and his wife, Maria. That's Petterson and his wife, Carey. Lastly, River, my youngest son." Sally introduced them, and I shook everyone's hands one by one. Alyssa did the same thing, and we all sat down. Alyssa sat between me and Sally. River sat across me, and his eyes looked at Alyssa, ultimately showing interest in her.

Tony told us to order food first, and I took that time to pull Alyssa closer to me. She glared at me for a split second before smiling sarcastically.

"Thank you for inviting us," Alyssa said.

"The more the merrier," Wesley said, and they chuckled.

"I heard from Sally that you're a fashion designer." Carey asked, and Alyssa nodded, "Yes, I studied in Paris. How about you?"

"I'm an architect, and my husband is an interior designer." Care turned to Petterson.

"That's awesome."

"How about you, Liam?" Wesley asked me.

"I'm a surgeon."

"And you hurt your hand?" He asked as he pointed at my hand, and I nodded.

"Accident."

"I guess we have a group of doctors here," Maria said as she pointed at Tony, River, and me. Alyssa turned her attention to River.

"Sally told me about you, that you're a vet," Alyssa said, and I gripped her tighter, giving her a warning, which she ignored.

"Yes, and I heard that you have a pet turtle."

"Turtles." She smiled, and I turned to River. His eyes were glued to her, and my eyes shifted to the knife before me. My hands were itching to grab it and stab the man to death.

"What's their name?"

"Riri and Lili."

"That's so cute!" Carey said, and Alyssa chuckled.

"It's my name and Liam's." Good girl.

My phone rang, and it was Blake. I pressed the red button, but Blake messaged me, saying it was urgent. I turned to Alyssa and leaned to her ear.

"Be a good girl and behave. If you talk to River again, I'll cut his throat and throw his head to the lake." I could feel Alyssa's body froze, and she turned to me.

"I'm going to take a call. Excuse me." I gave her a peck on her lips and walked outside.

Alyssa Takada

The family was talking about their next trip to Hawaii and how they wanted to be able to rent a villa. I tried my best to speak with Sally, so River wouldn't have the chance to talk to me, or else Liam would kill him.

Liam is not the type to play around with his words. He proved it by smashing his hand into the glass door, injuring himself when he knew damn well he was a surgeon.

"That was a long call." Liam sat and kissed me on the cheek. Our food came, and we started eating right away. River tried to start a conversation with Liam, but he only answered the question. He didn't even bother to ask him back.

"Mom said you'll come to the Pet Expo in Orlando next month," River said, and I turned to him.

"Hopefully, I can make it." I smiled at him.

"She won't be there. We have plans." Liam hissed.

"I'll let you know through Sally."

"So, how did you two meet?" Carey asked, and I turned to her.

"We went to the same high school together. He was a senior, I was a freshman."

"Wesley and Maria were high school sweethearts," Petterson said, and I let out an awkward chuckle.

"We're not high school sweethearts."

"How did he propose?" Maria asked, and I smiled even though I could feel the ache in my heart.

"I was the one who proposed to him, and he said yes." I turned to Liam, who didn't give any reaction to my statement.

"Really? That's so cool. This is my first time hearing it." Maria gave me a thumbs up.

"I admire you," River said, and I turned to him.

"Thank you."

After we ate our food, Tony asked me and Liam if we wanted to join them at a bar nearby. Liam rejected the invitation. I hugged Tony and wished him a happy birthday one last time. I thanked everyone, and when I shook River's hand, I said, "I hope I can see you again. Maybe you can bring Riri and Lili to the Pet Expo, and I can check on them."

"Thank you, River. I'll let you know through Sally." When he was about to hug me, Liam grabbed my arm. He dragged me away to the car, and I waved at them. I got into the car, and Liam drove away.

"Where are we going?" I asked because he was driving the opposite way from the villa. He didn't bother to answer me, and he looked pissed, so I decided not to ask more.

After thirty minutes of driving, he stopped in front of a beautiful villa. I can't help but admire the beautiful building. It's old, but it felt alive somehow. Liam grabbed my hand and brought me in.

Liam didn't let me look around, and he led me to the back of the property, where he made my jaw drop.

"Villa Segreto." He said and I walked down the stairs. The garden behind the property was big and the view to the lake was breathtaking. The moon was shining brightly, illuminating the lake.

The view in front of me looked like it came out of a dream.

I ran towards the the gate that separate the property with the lake. I turned to Liam and he was walking towards me with a big smile on his face.

My heart started to beat faster. He looked like a prince charming. He reminded me of the Liam that I fell for eleven years ago.

Fuck.