Epilogue

Liam Hastington

Six years later...

"Daddy..." Me and Alyssa turned to the door and quickly jumped out of bed to put our clothes on. She immediately ran to the bathroom. I washed my hands and put on my pants.

I unlocked the door, and Landon was standing in front of the door with our two Golden Retrievers, Haru and Akira. I picked Landon up, and he hugged me tightly.

"What's wrong?"

"I have a bad dream." Landon Hastington is my firstborn child. He's three years old, and everyone said he's a carbon copy of me. He got my looks and my character, which is not something that I'm proud of.

My parents babysat him once, and they said Landon is very protective and territorial. He doesn't like strangers or outsiders. He doesn't talk or interact with people he doesn't know, so he emerges as a mean baby.

Alyssa cried, and she even asked me carefully if we should do a test on him. I told her that we should keep our eyes on him for a year before getting him tested.

"Can you sleep with me tonight? Where's mommy?" He looked around.

"Mommy is in the bathroom." I brought him back to his room and put him on his bed. I sat down beside him, and he pouted. Haru and Akira got up on their beds, looking at Landon, concerned.

"What did you dream about?" I asked, and he leaned his head toward me.

"Haru and Akira got missing."

"And then?"

"I ran to find them."

"Okay. Did you find them?"

"No."

"That's it?"

"Yeah." He nodded as he looked at his two dogs. He suddenly got up and turned to me.

"We should check on Ellie." Ellie Hastington is my secondborn. They're three years apart, but Landon adores Ellie. He never lets anyone near her, which is good. Ellie is two months old, and she's a very calm baby. She takes over her mom a lot. She got Alyssa's hair, eyes, and lips.

"Ellie is sleeping."

"So?"

"She's doing just fine, Landon."

"What if someone takes her?" I rolled my eyes and let him lead me to his sister's room. Ellie was sleeping soundly, and Landon grabbed his small stairs to look at Ellie.

"If Ellie goes missing, I would burn the person who took her." I turned to him in horror.

"Don't tell your mom that." Alyssa always cried every time Landon said things that had violent or cussing words.

"Will you burn that person too?" Landon turned to me.

"Yeah."

"But burning them is not enough. Can we throw them to the sea?"

"No one will hurt her. If anyone dares to hurt you, Ellie, or Mom, I will hurt them back." Landon gave his attention to Ellie, who was sleeping.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"When I grow up, I want to be bigger than you." I chuckled and nodded.

"You have to."

"To protect everyone."

"Good to hear."

"Boys, it's time to sleep." We both turned to Alyssa, leaning to the door frame, looking so beautiful in her nightgown. Landon ran to her and gave her a big hug.

"Can daddy sleep with me tonight?"

"Of course, baby." Alyssa kissed him on his forehead.

"Come on, Dad." Landon walked back to me, holding my hand, and dragged me to his room. We both lay down side by side, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"When I grow up, I want to be like you."

"You need to be better than me." I turned to him, and he nodded.

"I'll be better than you to protect Mom and Ellie."

"You better."

"Can Uncle Rocky teach me how to punch people?" What? I lay sideways to listen to how he thinks about Rocky like that. "Or maybe you can teach me..."

"Why do you want to learn that, Landon?" We both turned to see Alyssa walking into the room. She looked worried, and I hate to see her worrying about our son. Sometimes, Alyssa blamed herself for not being able to lead Landon.

From what I see, Landon has his mind. He's just like me, utterly aware of what he wants and doesn't want.

"To protect you and Ellie."

"How about dad?" Alyssa asked as she sat down on the bed.

"Dad can protect himself. He has a gun." No shit, Sherlock.

"Dad has a gun?" Alyssa asked carefully.

"Yeah. He hides it in his drawer and another in the living room." Oh god. Alyssa let out a long sigh and glared at me. Landon sat up and turned to Alyssa, "Don't worry, Mom. I got you and Ellie."

"It's for safety, Landon. Dad has a gun in case there's an emergency."

"Okay." Landon nodded.

"Go to sleep, and you need some rest," I told Alyssa, and she nodded. I got up and gave her a peck on her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too." With that, she left Landon's room, closing the door. I turned to Landon and shook my head.

"What?"

"Next time, don't talk to your mom about where I hid my gun or about wanting to learn how to punch people." I let out a sigh.

"Fine."

"Fine?"

"You and Mom won't let me learn, so I will learn about it alone."

"No."

"Why not?! You said I should be better than you." I really can't win my son, can I?

"Yes, but not by being violent."

"Uncle Rocky said you're good at fighting, and that's violence." Remind me to kill Rocky the next time I see him.

"Fighting with chickens."

"You're not making any sense."

"You're the one who's not making any sense! You're three years old, for god sake!" I glared at him, and he crossed his arms before his chest.

"This is why mom loves me more."

"Your mom loves me more."

"Mom loves Ellie and me more. You're annoying, Dad."

"Yet you want me to sleep with you." I raised my eyebrows and smirked.

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

"Liam! Landon!"

"We love each other!" Landon said with a fake tone.

"We do!"

Liam Hastington
Alyssa Hastington
Landon Hastington
Ellie Hastington

Landon Hastington will return and give more headaches to Liam