Chapter 25 - Fun

Alyssa Takada

I looked out the window to see how big their headquarters was. I don't even know how they managed to get this land plot right outside New York. Not to mention how much money they have to own such property.

There are three buildings in total, all in a circle facing each other. Behind it, there's a big greenfield, and there's also two helicopters displayed outside.

"Alyssa." I turned around to see Liam walking out with Dean. He reached out, and I quickly walked towards him, holding his hand.

"Better call A tonight." Dean patted Liam's chest.

"Okay."

"Bye, Alyssa."

"Bye." I smiled at him, and Dean walked away. I turned to Liam, completely confused.

"You told your friends that we're married? You said you don't want people to know." I asked as he took me into the elevator.

"I tried to hide it, but they found out about it quickly, so I don't have any reason to hide it anymore."

"So you didn't tell them?"

"No." That's what I thought.

The elevator took us up to the fifteenth floor. He led me to his office and gestured for me to sit down.

"So I'm just going to look at you while you're working?" I asked as I looked around.

"Yes."

"What if I don't want to?" I asked as I looked outside the window.

"You don't have any other choice."

"Can Rocky give me a tour?"

"No."

"Why not?" I asked curiously and turned to him. Liam's attention was on the documents in front of him. I turned my body around and leaned to the wall. I crossed my legs, tilting my head to the side while watching him work.

Today, we're a month away from getting our divorce. I don't know if I can get through with it when I'm starting to have an attachment to Liam. The thought of leaving him and moving on scares me. There are many what-ifs questions in my head about my future self.

We're breaking up, but it'll only be me who will have to go through a heartbreak. Ever since I told him that I was going to get a divorce, my heart had been aching every time I saw him. I don't know why I gave myself sixty days, and maybe I was looking for a glimpse of hope that he'd love me back.

But Liam is all about power.

When we were in high school, people always knew that Liam would do great things. He's a man with big dreams and ambitions. After we graduated high school, he got accepted to pre-med at Harvard and continued his medical school in Standford.

Not only did he graduate with a perfect score. He was one of the fastest students to be a surgeon. Now, he's a surgeon and a businessman who runs a multi-billionaire business.

It made me wonder why he agreed to my dad's marriage request.

Liam doesn't have money or fame. He doesn't need anyone to climb up the social ladder, and he proved that he can do it with his power.

"Why did you agree to marry me?" My question made him stop whatever he was writing on the paper in front of him. He slowly looked up at me with his shining dark blue eyes.

"What did my dad offer you in exchange for you to marry me?" I asked curiously, demanding answers to my questions.

"You should ask your dad. Don't expect any answer from me." He said bluntly. "Next week, I have work in London. I'll be staying there for ten days." What?

"No."

"No?" He let out a mocking chuckle.

"You and I only have a month left. You're not wasting ten days in London."

"I'm not asking for your permission, Alyssa."

"You can't go to London."

"And you think I'll listen to you?"

"No."

"That's what I thought." Back to square one.

When I thought we had progressed in our marriage, we'd always return to square one. When I thought he was interested in me by initiating sex, I knew for a fact that he just needed a release. When I thought he was being nice, it was because he was in a good mood.

There's always a reason behind his action to me.

"Don't go to London. Stay with me in New York." I whispered, and I'm pretty sure he heard it. "A month, Liam. Can you at least... spend time with me? You can't just go ten days to London!"

"Alyssa, don't be childish. I'm going there for work." He said coldly.

"Well, can you not go? You said there's seven of you!" I could feel my head was about to explode.

I was frustrated. Frustrated by the time and him.

"There's nothing you can do to hold me back."

"You're right. There's nothing I can do to hold you back." He turned his attention to me and put his pen down. I took my phone from my skirt pocket, planning to call Robin. When I tried to call him, it didn't get through. I clicked on his contact and found that I blocked him.

I unblocked him and texted him and Reina.

Alyssa: Are you guys free next weekend?
Alyssa: I know it's a little sudden, but...
Alyssa: Let's go to Vegas.
Alyssa: It's on me.

It took seconds for Robin and Reina to reply.

Reina: I'm fucking free.
Reina: Are we going to party there?
Alyssa: Yes.
Robin: I'm so fucking down.
Alyssa: We're going to have a blast.
Alyssa: See you guys next week.

Then, I texted Reina privately.

Alyssa: You need to help me go shopping for a clubbing dress.
Reina: So what's the theme of this trip?
Reina: Pissing off your husband?
Alyssa: Oh yes.
Reina: I got you. Let's go shopping!

Since Liam plans to not care about leaving me, I will have so much fun when he's not around. I'll send him pictures of me having fun without him.