Chapter 22 - Never Ending Lesson

Liam Hastington

I just finished a long surgery, and it's almost midnight.

I walked back to my office to change my clothes and return home. I was surprised to find Rocky waiting in front of my office.

"What is it?" Rocky gave me his phone, showing me some pictures of Alyssa with a man. She looked so cozy with him, holding hands in Starbucks. He even fed her some food into her mouth and wiped her mouth after they were done eating. He bought her ice cream. He gave her his drink in a bar for her to try. They danced together in a club, and she clung to him like a koala.

"Robin Jones and Reina Jones. They've all been friends since she was a kid, and Robin has been in love with her." I gripped his phone tightly.

"Where is she?"

"Rickston Club, twenty minutes away." I gave his phone back and walked into my office to change. Rocky waited in the lobby, and I got into the car. He immediately drove me there.

As soon as I arrived, Rocky told me her guards were inside watching so I could easily find her. I nodded and walked in. There were so many people, but I found one of my guards quickly. I followed his eyes and saw Alyssa dancing with Robin and Reina on the dance floor. Robin's arm was wrapped around her waist, telling everyone she was his.

I made my way towards her, and as if she knew I was watching, she turned to me. She froze and smiled. She walked towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Liam!" She squealed, and she jumped on me. I held on to her body. Robin and Reina turned to me, and his face changed drastically when he saw Alyssa hugging me.

"Are you here to join me?" She's drunk. She got down and kissed me. She slipped her arms around my body, hugging me tightly.

"Let's go." I grabbed her hand, but Robin stopped me.

"Who the fuck are you?" Robin hissed as he pulled Alyssa to him. Alyssa turned to Robin, "He's the guy I talked to you about. I've been in love with him for eleven years. Fucking eleven! Someone gave me a gold medal!" I looked into his eyes so he could leave Alyssa alone because I was in the mood to dismember people.

"You're not going anywhere with him." He said to Alyssa as he wrapped his arm around her body. Alyssa shook her head, "I wanna go with Liam." She pointed at me, causing Robin to scoff.

"Let her go," I warned him.

"No."

"I said let her go." I hissed as I grabbed Alyssa's hand. She was giggling, and Robin pushed me away. Alyssa glared at Robin and pushed him away. Reina was clueless because she was probably drunk, too.

"Don't you dare push Liam away!" She pouted as she linked her arm to me. "He's mine!" Alyssa leaned her head on my arm and turned to me. "I love you, Liam."

"You don't get to take her away. You're no—"

"I'm her husband. You better get your hands off her, or you won't like what I'll do to you." I cut him, and he took a step back. Alyssa was clueless because she only had her eyes on me. I brought her out of there.

"I swear I only turn my head away for a second, and you already get yourself in trouble." I hissed as I picked her up on my shoulder.

I brought her back home, and she's so fucking drunk that she can't even stand up straight. I carried her to the living room, and she squealed when she saw the sofa. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Liam, I love you so much." She said as she batted her lashes at me. "Do you know that having you as a husband makes me feel safe?" She closed her eyes and raised her tone. Suddenly, she started crying, and I just let her. "Why can you love me back? Is it because I don't have big boobs like Thea? Or is it because I'm not smart enough? Guys fall in love with me, but I can't love them back! I was so busy falling in love with you. I can't seem to find a way to hate you!"

"After that incident, I never wanted to come back here. I was ashamed of myself for being so dumb and didn't know how to protect myself. I don't want you to look down on me." Jesus Christ.

"It's not your fault," I said, and she laughed.

"I must be dreaming. Liam Hastington tells me that it's not my fault. The Liam that I know will never defend me or tell me that it's not my fault. Everything is my fucking fault! Everything! This marriage, the accidents, my panic attacks... everything!" She cried and screamed.

"Do you know what I realized today after hanging out with Robin?" She sat up and looked straight into my eyes. "That I deserve better. I deserve someone who can treat me like the best thing that ever happened to them."

"Then be with Robin," I said, and she chuckled.

"I knew you would say that." She pointed and laughed. She then turned to Riri and Lili. She got up and ran towards them. "Babies, you're soon going to have divorced parents. Your daddy doesn't love you both." 

I walked over, picked her up, and brought her to our room.

"I love you, Liam." She cried as she held my arm, preventing me from going. "I love you. I was just mad... I'm sorry." She waited for me to respond.

"Okay." She giggled and passed out.

I pulled the blanket to her chin and let her rest. I stayed there for a few minutes before getting up. I dialed Rocky's number.

"Yes, boss."

"I want you to put those two prisoners in the torture chamber. Cancel all my meetings tomorrow because I'll spend a day there." I ended the call and turned to Alyssa, who still had tears running down her face.

"It's not your fault. What happened in Paris was never your fault." I whispered. "I'll be the one who teaches them a lesson. A never-ending lesson."