Chapter 39 - Sure?

Liam Hastington

"What do you think?" I asked as I stood beside her. She can't stop looking at the beautiful night view of the villa. I knew she would love it.

"It's beautiful." She walked towards the corner of the property, where you could see the rest of the neighborhood.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." She smiled, and she rested her elbows on the concrete railing, looking up to the sky where the moon was.

"Let's make a wish." She said, and she stood in front of me, making my hands intertwined with each other. "Close your eyes."

"I can make a wish with my eyes open." She shook her head and stood beside me. She looked up to the sky and then closed her eyes. Intertwining her hands together, she started making a wish.

'I wish Alyssa could be happy. She can slowly forget about what happened in Paris and hope to find someone who can love her.'

I opened my eyes and turned to her. She was still making a wish, and after a few seconds, she opened her eyes.

"What did you wish for?"

"It won't come true if I tell you."

We stayed there for an hour and went back to the villa. Alyssa fell asleep on our way back, and I carried her back inside. I changed my clothes and lay beside her. I pulled her closer to me, and she snuggled into my body.

Her sweet vanilla scent invaded my nose. This is my first time cuddling with her. She fit in my arms perfectly, and she looked so peaceful when she was sleeping. My hand reached for strands of her hair that were covering her cheek. I pulled it slowly so I wouldn't wake her up.

"I love you." She whispered, and I could feel my lungs rejecting all the air that got in.

Two weeks, Liam. Fucking two weeks, get your shit together.

Alyssa Takada

We're going back to New York.

Liam had an emergency, so we had to go back. I'm glad that we're back because I need space. I need to be away from him, especially when we're ten days away from the divorce.

Liam changed a lot, and I'm so confused.

Liam: Come to the hospital. Let's have lunch together.
Alyssa: I'm busy.
Liam: I don't take excuses, love.
Alyssa: I'm busy.

I start packing when Liam's not home. I asked some of my assistants to send it to my apartment so I can have it sent to Tokyo next week.

My phone rang, and I picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello."

"And why are you not here yet?" I checked the caller ID, and it was Liam.

"I'm busy."

"Busy doing what? Packing your things?" I froze as I looked around to see if there was CCTV in the living room.

"Come to the hospital, Alyssa. You have twenty minutes, or we'll have a problem." He ended the call, and I turned to my assistant, gesturing for her to take everything and go.

I changed my clothes because I was sweating earlier.

Rocky already waited for me, and I got into the car. He took me straight to the hospital, and once I got there, Liam was already waiting for me. He has a big plastic bag with him.

"He's acting weird," I said.

"So weird." Rocky agreed.

Liam opened the car door and gave me a peck on my lips. His sudden actions took me aback. He grabbed my hand and brought me inside.

"From now on, you're going back to your old habit. You have to come here every lunch." I turned to him and shook my head.

"I'm busy, and you're busy too." I pointed at myself and him. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I saw some nurses and doctors were looking at us.

"People were looking at us."

"So?"

"Did you forget that you don't want people to know you have a wife?" I tried to push him away, but he held me tighter. We got into his office, and he put the plastic bag on his desk, taking everything out.

"Bought some tacos. We have beef, fish, and chicken." He opened every single box, and I sat down, completely loving the fact that he chose tacos.

"Thank you." I was going to grab one when he smacked my hand. He pointed at the sink behind me and told me to wash my hands. I got up and cleaned it.

"Why are you packing?" He asked as I dried my hands with towels.

"What do you mean why?" I grabbed the beef tacos and started devouring the tacos. He was waiting for me to answer his question.

"We're getting a divorce in ten days. What do you mean why?" After that, I continued to eat my tacos. Liam didn't say anything or touch his food.

"In ten days, you'll sign the divorce paper, and I will move to Tokyo. Ten days to our freedom. Should we celebrate it?" I finished my first taco and grabbed a tissue to wipe some sauce on the corner of my lips.

"Oh. As for the hundred million, I'll send it to you one day before the divorce." I added, and I grabbed another taco, this time the fish one.

"This is so good, by the way..." I looked at the plastic, and it's called Lo Siento. I ate another taco, and Liam still didn't say anything. I looked up at him, and he had his eyes on me.

"What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head, and I continued eating like nothing was wrong. After eating four, I packed and washed my hands. Liam still hasn't touched anything because he kept watching me eat.

"I'll get going then. I have meetings later at two." I grabbed my bag.

"Are you sure you want a divorce?" I stopped my track when Liam asked me that. I turned around and looked at him as if he was talking nonsense.

"Yes, Liam. Sign the divorce papers in ten days."