Chapter 51 - Gift

Alyssa Takada

Telling Liam to go back to New York was one of the best decisions that I've ever made. I started to go to therapy again and worked normally to heal myself before going back into his arms.

Yes, I've decided to go back to him.

I've tried to move on, but it's hard. I can only love one man, but this time, I promise I won't make it easy for him.

That's why I decided not to see him for four months. I returned to New York on his birthday and contacted Lou and Rocky to help me.

Rocky and Lou told me about Liam's mood for the past four months. I apologized to Rocky right away, knowing damn well that Liam gave him a hard time. Rocky told me Liam worked a lot and barely went out with his friends. He made himself tired and went straight to his apartment.

Liam also started therapy; he wanted to be a better version of himself, and I'm so proud that he did that.

"You look beautiful," Liam said when I opened the door.

"Well, thank you." Liam texted me that I should wear something comfortable. I wore a black sweatpants and a white tank top. I wore a light make-up and a beanie. I have my shoulder bag with me.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked as he put his hand out.

"Yes." I took his hand, and he led me out.

"We're going to get dinner first, and then I have a surprise for you." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head. I smiled and looked up at him.

"I'm excited."

"Me too. I'm fucking excited." We took the elevator to the lobby, and he brought his car today. He opened the door for me, and he got inside.

Liam drove us to an Italian restaurant, and I've always loved Italian food, so I got a point for him. He opened the car door for me and held my hand, leading me inside. He had already reserved a table for us.

"I heard that their tiramisu is top-tier." He said as we sat down. The waiter greeted us and gave us the menu. We ordered some pasta, steak and lots of desserts.

"So, how's work been going?" Liam asked.

"Work has been pretty hectic. I had to catch up with many things before moving back here. How about you?"

"Been busy with the Ravens. I took fewer shifts in the hospital." I nodded.

"How are you?" I asked, and he let out a nervous chuckle. "I want you to be honest with me," I added.

"Miserable." He sighed. "I missed you so much to the point I'm starting to hallucinate. I turned into a madman."

"But you sent Lou to check on me sometimes, right?" He let out a cough.

"Sometimes."

"Twice a week."

"Yeah, kinda."

"That's cheating, Liam."

"I just want to know if you're doing okay. I was worried, and I missed you." He downed a glass of water.

"Who do we have here?!" We both turned to see a beautiful woman in a black dress walking towards us. I have zero idea who she is, but Liam seemed to recognize who she was.

"Where's Parker?" Liam asked immediately.

"Who's Parker?" The woman asked innocently. "You must be Alyssa." She put her hand in front of me, "I'm Sophia Adler, this asshole's friend." I chuckled as I took her hand. I remembered that she was the one who called Liam when we were in Italy.

"Sophia." A man wrapped his arm around Sophia's waist, and she kissed him on his cheek. "This is Niro, my date." She turned to him. "Niro, this is my friend, Liam, and his wife, Alyssa." I'm not used to when someone introduces me as Liam's wife.

We hid our relationship that I'm so surprised Sophia knew. I bet Liam told her beforehand since they're friends.

"Nice to meet you," Niro said, and I smiled.

"Does Parker know about this?" Liam asked, and Sophia's smile fell instantly.

"Who's Parker?"

"Oh. He's my babysitter slash bodyguard, darling." Sophia chuckled nervously and kissed Niro's cheek.

"I'm going to pray for your well-being, Adler. You know you can't get away with shit." Niro looked at her suspiciously.

"See you guys around," Sophia said and dragged her date away. Liam looked at them, shaking his head.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. It's just Niro will come to my hospital ER later." I raised my eyebrows, confused. "She's Vincent's step-sister."

"And? I'm pretty sure she's old enough to—"

"They screw each other. Vincent and Sophia. He owns her so that someone will come to the ER with broken bones." Oh god.

"You should keep a secret from Vincent. I bet she hates him if she went out with another guy."

"Vincent has eyes everywhere. I bet he's aware of it already."

"Every one of you solves problems with violence, huh?" I raised my eyebrows, and Liam smiled awkwardly.

"Not all, but most of them."

"What's the surprise after this?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"I'm not telling you. You'll see it later, and you'll love it!" I smiled, "So confident..."

"I am." I took out my phone and texted Lou the name of the restaurant that we were at. I asked her to help me bring Liam's birthday gift.

"You're turning thirty-one this year. What's your wish?"

"Marrying you again." He said with no hesitation, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Give me another wish."

"I don't have another wish. If starting a family with you counts, that's my wish." I shook my head.

"Something. Like a thing." I gestured with my hands, and he shook his head.

"I want you. That'll be enough for me." My phone vibrates, and it's Rocky. He already knew where we were, and he was outside. I gestured for Liam to wait, and I walked out, seeing Rocky holding onto the gift I had prepared.

"Thank you so much, Rocky."

"You're welcome, Ms.Takada. It's good to see you." I smiled and gave him a side hug. I went back inside, and Liam raised his eyebrows.

"Happy Birthday, Liam Hastington," I said and gave him my gift.