Chapter 17 - Admit

Alyssa Takada

After I told Liam to leave me alone, he never showed up again. It's been three days, and he didn't even bother to check on me. I regret all the words that I said to him, and I miss him.

I rarely stayed in my hospital room. I only went inside when it was time to sleep. Rocky was so nice, always to keep me company. We played cards and sometimes watched movies together. I asked him about Liam, but Rocky told me he was busy.

Tomorrow, I'll be discharged from the hospital. I've been practicing to walk normally again, and the doctor said I recovered pretty fast since I kept walking around.

Now, I plan to go to the garden and read my book.

Yesterday, I asked Rocky to buy me a book, and he did. I was walking towards the garden when I saw Liam talking to Thea. She stood so close and looked so happy talking to him. They were heading to the garden, so I made a U-turn.

I bet he's nice to everyone but me.

"Ms.Takada." I turned to see Marie.

"Hi." I smiled widely. "Please call me Alyssa." She nodded.

"You're doing great, and I heard you'll be discharged tomorrow." She looked down at my leg.

"Thank you, Marie."

"Liam has been asking about your condition to Erna nonstop, and I bet she's having a nightmare about being questioned by Liam. He's acting like a detective asking a witness." Marie chuckled.

"He's doing that to scold me for being extremely stupid."

"This is our first time seeing him so caring. We thought he was a doctor without a heart." I chuckled because she's being so ridiculous.

"When he brought you here, he stayed by your side. He stayed at the nurse station so he could work and take care of you at the same time."

"He's a workaholic."

"He is, but he's not the type to stay alert. We all know that he cares for you a lot. That's why Thea is being salty." Marie turned to see them standing beside each other in the garden.

"He doesn't. He's just looking for ways to bully me because he wants—" I stopped talking when I realized that I always say that he wanted a divorce.

"You should go to him. I bet he's waiting for you." Marie grabbed my hand and led me out to the garden. We approached Liam and Thea, and I stopped Marie. I shook my head, but she ended up calling his name.

Liam and Thea turned around.

Liam's eyes were set on me. He looked down at my legs, and then he turned to Marie.

"You're already walking again," Thea said.

"Yeah."

"That's great. How about your arm?"

"Good." I tried to move it.

"I'll leave her with you then." With that, Marie left. I looked at the two of them and smiled awkwardly before walking past them. I sat on the bench and opened my book to read it.

Liam Hastington

"She was admitted to the hospital multiple times, and you always have your eyes on her." Thea said, "Did her parents ask you to babysit her?"

I didn't even bother to answer her question.

"She's very handful, and she looked like she—"

"You better shut up, or I'll rip your mouth off." I cut her, and she immediately shut her mouth. She looked at me in disbelief, "Go back to work. You've been so fucking lacking, and stop flirting with every dick that passed by." With that, she left.

I walked to Alyssa and sat down beside her.

She turned to me for a split second before returning to her book.

"You have fifty days left before the divorce." I reminded her. "You better try to fit all your date plans before we end things."

"I'll think about it tomorrow." She said, and I looked at her IV.

It felt weird.

I left her alone for three days, and when I saw her again, I was thrilled to see her. She's recovering well and has been taking all the meds. Rocky reported to me that she had a hard time sleeping, so I asked Erna to give her a sleeping pill.

I saw the CCTV yesterday, and she had a really bad panic attack. She was driving as if someone was chasing her. No one chased her, but maybe it reminded her of what happened in Paris.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?"

"Have you fed Lili and Riri well?" She asked, turning to me.

"I did."

"Thank you." She smiled, and then she turned back to her book.

"If you get into an accident or whatever in the situation that you're in, call me." I'm not fond of her calling Ren for help when I'm her husband. She was supposed to contact me, not him.

"No thanks. I'm tired of hearing you scolding me and being mean. I'd rather get someone else's help." Her statement made me angry. "We might be husband and wife, but I know you'll never care for me as much as I care about you, Liam. I already accept that you will never love me as much as I love you." She looked up to the sky and let out a long sigh.

"You'll get the divorce, don't worry." She sounded so hurt, and I could feel the pain in her voice.

"The reason why I didn't want to call you is because you always see me as a burden. I'm a burden in your life, and you were so vocal about it. I would never... never call you even though I'm dying on the side of the road. You'll never be the first person I will look at when I'm in distress." My heart was aching, and my lungs were squeezing itself. I could feel the pain in my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for dragging you into my messy life. I was so thrilled when I learned I would marry you. I thought I would be happy with you. I thought I would be happy living with the man that I have loved for years, but it turns out I'm not. I always feel guilty and want to hide my accident just because I know you'll hate me for it." I was speechless.

Her words were stabbing my chest so hard that it kept hurting. I could feel my lungs were squeezing itself.

Fuck.