Chapter 52 - Liar

Liam Hastington

"You can open it if you want," Alyssa said with a big smile plastered on her face. I opened the gift and found a massage machine. There's a birthday card inside with a cute golden retriever dog wearing a birthday hat on the front. I looked up to her and chuckled.

"Can I read the card here?" I asked her, and she nodded.

Dear Thirty-One years old Liam,
Happy Birthday, old man. I hope this year will bring you happiness. Stop being an asshole, okay?

Love,
Alyssa, Riri, and Lili.

There's a Polaroid photo of them together attached to the card. I took it off and took my phone out, putting it on the back of my phone.

"Thank you." I got up and kissed her on her forehead.

"Glad that you like it."

"Well... I love the gift, but I love that you're here with me to celebrate my birthday." She nodded.

"There's a company dinner tomorrow. We hit another record this year, so—"

"I'm going back tomorrow morning. I have some work that I need to wrap up." She cut me, knowing well that I wanted to invite her.

"I'll go with you then."

"No. I'll be back next week. It'll be for good, so please wait for me." I pouted and nodded. I told her I would wait for her, so I had to keep my word. I want her back, so I need to be patient.

"You should enjoy your company dinner."

"I'd rather spend time with you." She chuckled.

"You're starting to get clingy." I have to admit that I'm starting to get fucking clingy.

"Yes. I can't help it. I haven't seen you in four months, Alyssa." I said dramatically.

"Never thought you'd be so dramatic." We both turned to see Vincent crashing our dinner. He's sitting facing where Sophia is.

"Hi, Alyssa. Long time no see." Vincent turned to Alyssa, smiling widely, and then he turned to me, "Happy birthday, motherfucker. Did you receive my birthday present yet?"

"You sent me your fucking car, that doesn't count." I hissed, and he chuckled. His eyes were glued to Sophia, who had already seen Vincent inside the restaurant.

"You should go. You're ruining my dinner with my wife."

"Ex-wife." Vincent corrected me. Alyssa chuckled, and I glared at him.

"If you want to kill him, please don't do it here," I begged. Vincent has no neurons, and he doesn't understand how the norm works. He and Kaleb were born with no brain to process rules.

"Please don't kill him," Alyssa said.

"He won't," I assured her.

"Oh, I will." Suddenly, our food arrived, and when Vincent planned to touch it, I smacked his hand away.

"It's my wife's food, don't fucking touch it."

"Ex-wife." He corrected, and I grabbed a knife, pointing at him.

"Get lost! You're ruining my night!" Vincent got up and made his way to Sophia.

"He's scary," Alyssa commented.

"He's just annoying." I gave her some steak, "Eat up." I smiled.

"Thank you. Everything looks so good."

"Wait till you eat their tiramisu. You'll come back here again."

"I'm so excited." She squealed and started eating. As I ate my pasta, I saw the guy with Sophia walking out, crying.

Great.

"Did you go on dates for the past four months?" I turned to Alyssa, looking at her in disbelief.

"No. You invaded my mind, and I can't go on dates. I can't even go to the usual gathering with the boys, let alone see other women." I was surprised that I raised my voice at her, completely pissed.

"Oh."

"Alyssa, I never once thought I'd be this crazy over a woman. I never once thought I would be in love. For the past four months, I've been living in hell. You filled my mind, and there's never been a day that I don't think about you. I missed you like crazy." She looked at me straight into my eyes, and she put down her knife and fork.

"What would be different this time?"

"Everything, Alyssa. What happened in that past will never happen again. I can assure you that. I was an idiot and a fool, and I didn't treat you right, and I didn't give you what you deserve." Alyssa put her hands on her lap and leaned to her seat, looking at me with fascination.

"I promise you that I'll give you the world. I promise to give you everything that you want. Be by my side, and I promise I'll make you happy. All I have is yours." I was desperate.

"I want you to take me on dates, lots of them, before I take you back. I'm not marrying you again, knowing that the first one failed. You said to me that I have to find someone better than you, and I want to see the better version of yourself."

"I will, I promise."

"No more killing." Oh god.

"But..."

"No more torturing."

"Alyssa."

"No more sending Lou to stalk me when I'm away."

"But you need protection, and I won't give up on that." She pouted and sighed.

"Fine."

"Anything else, love?"

"I want you to call me Aeri." I was surprised to hear that. She was mad when I called her Aeri before, and I know she only allowed her family to call her that.

"Okay, Aeri." I smiled, and she blushed instantly, "Anything else?"

"You have to take care of Riri and Lili."

"Of course. They're my children." She glared.

"You hate them."

"Hated them. Past tense, darling. I hate pets."

"Hate pets?" She hissed.

"Hated. Not anymore." I chuckled.

"I'm planning to have more pets in the future. I want dogs and more turtles!"

"Anything for you, my love."

"I want lots of them." She warned.

"As long as you're with me, we can buy a house and have a zoo in our backyard," I smirked and winked at her, which made her look at me annoyed.

"I want horses."

"Like I said, babe. We can have a barn too. Marry me, and I'll grant everything that you want." She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"No."

"We can buy all Riri and Lili's friends. I'll make a pond too."

"Liar."