Chapter 58 - Pond

Liam Hastington

"I'm looking for an engagement ring and two wedding bands," I told the employee before he could ask me what I was looking for.

"Very well, Mr.Hastington. Do you—"

"I want to see your greatest option," I added, and he led me to the private room. He and two other employees immediately brought out their options.

There are fifteen options for the engagement ring, and I knew which one right away. I chose an emerald-cut white diamond, and it's around 25 carats. As for the wedding band, I bought a simple silver band, but I will have something engraved inside the ring for her.

"I'll take this one and this set."

"Great choice, Mr.Hastington. That would be 5 million dollars in total."

Alyssa Takada

"We have three options matching your description, Mr.Hastington and Ms.Takada. This is the first one, and it's a modern mansion with seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms." Felix, Liam's real estate agent, said as he led us in.

The first house was very modern, with a black and white interior. It has three floors, with a big pool, a big backyard, and a big home gym. I'm not fond of it because it's too big and doesn't feel cozy.

"No elevator?"

"We can install one," Felix said, and Liam shook his head. He turned to me, and I shook my head, giving him a signal that I wouldn't say I liked it.

"Let's move on to another one." We drove for five minutes and arrived at the second house.

From the exterior, I love the second house more. It's a Scandinavian-style mansion, which I like. When we walked in, I instantly fell in love. Everything was a Scandinavian style, and I was hooked.

"Three floors in total. We have seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms. We have an elevator, a big pool, and a big backyard. Sadly, we don't have an in-home gym, but we can—"

"How much?" Liam cut him, and I turned to him, completely surprised.

"Thirty-five million dollars, Mr.Hastington," Felix said, and Liam nodded.

"Give us the full tour." He said, and Felix gave us a full tour of the house. I can tell that Liam loves the house as much as I do.

"You have to connect us with your interior design," Liam said as we walked down the stairs from the second floor.

"Is there a part of the house that you don't like?"

"We can't live with floating stairs. Especially when there's no railing. We're going to have two dogs and two kids, it'll be fucking dangerous. I also don't like the transparent elevator, and I don't want my kids to bump their heads." I was so surprised that he was being upfront. I thought the same thing, but we would discuss it later.

"Anything else, Mr.Hastington?" Felix asked, and Liam turned to me.

"Do you have anything that you want to change?" Liam asked as he walked over to me.

"The glass windows to bulletproof ones, and maybe we must add some fences along the backyard."

"You heard her."