2: Alex's -Not Really- Selfish Proclamation

<Alex POV>

  I looked out the window, gazing at the Isle of the Lost. I feel a sort of intense pull there, like gravity. I think that it is because of Queenie Heart. She is sceptical about me and I, her. I trust her with my darkest secrets and I believe she does too. I think it is some sort of magic but I asked the Fairy Godmother the other day and she didn't know. If the most powerful magic user in our kingdom doesn't know what is happening, maybe I just imagined the perfect girl for me. I love music, and she writes so well. She is absolutely beautiful, makes the best jokes, liked me before she learned that I was the next king of Auradon, or before she knew that I existed. Maybe I'll get to meet her, if our parents, 'our' being Ben and I, agree to our first official proclamation. Not that my intentions for picking the child of the Queen of Hearts are purely selfish. I believe that she is one of the worst villains in the land. She doesn't even have a motive. She's like Cruella, but with more power and a bigger thirst for blood.

  "Sleeve. Head." I heard Lumiere say, tailoring my twin brother in his suit. He pretty much finished with mine, so I was lounging around, watching the process. He was staring at the isle of the lost too. Maybe he has one person in his dreams that he continually sees too.

  "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Dad came in.

  "He's turning 16, dear." Mum added.

  "Hey dad!" I said

  "Hey pops," Ben said.

  "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

  "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

  "Ah, it was either you or a teapot. Kidding." We chuckle at the first sentence.

  We both move forward on instinct and present our proclamation. Lumiere disagrees and makes disapproving noises. So I said "We've chosen our first official proclamation. We've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance... to live here in Auradon." Mum and dad both looked shocked and mum even dropped the piece of clothing that she was holding.

  "We have already cleared this with the council. They were quite shocked too but with some debating, reasoning and Mrs. Pott's wonderful cooking, we convinced them." I half joked, half blathered.

  "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned. Please?" Ben added

  "Let me just make sure. The children of our worst enemies, living among us? The ones who have tried numerous times to harm us and our people? Do they really deserve a second chance?" Dad almost looked enraged.

  "But their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?" I pleaded.

  "I gave you a second chance. Everyone deserves one." Mum says.

  "We start out with a few at first, only the ones we believe who need our help the most. We're thinking 5. We've already chosen them." I voiced.

  "Who are their parents?" Dad asked with gritted teeth. I have never seen him so riled up.

  "Cruella DeVil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts and Maleficent." Ben said.

  "Cruella would treat her child like a servant or at least ignore them. Jafar would probably manipulate his child and brainwash them. The Evil Queen would either be jealous of her child's beauty or they will never be enough for her. The Queen of Hearts would threaten to kill her child every day and besides, they would be half-Auradon kids because their father would be the King of Hearts. Maleficent would just scoff and ignore her child. Nobody deserves these kinds of treatments. We can't expect them to be kind to their children." I explained.

  "But these are the worst villains in the land!" Dad calmly yelled. If that was possible.

  "That is precisely the reason why we have to help them. The children have done nothing wrong." I stated

  "I suppose the children are innocent." Dad admitted. He started to go out the door, maybe accepting defeat?

  "Thank you" We both said.

  "Well done." Mum said, offering a smile, cupped our cheeks and left with dad.

  Ben started fiddling with his ring, as he tends to do as a habit. We both looked out at the Isle of the lost, absorbed in our thoughts. I was wishing with all my heart that this would help kids and a tiny -okay huge- selfish part of me was wishing that I would meet Queenie Heart, and she was real. I would have a best friend that I can be together with forever. Also maybe a tiny crush will have an opportunity to blossom into something bigger... It's really selfish, I know.