23: Who Are You?

I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar face staring at me. I swear that I think I saw him somewhere, but I can't recall where. Like seeing an actor and thinking 'Where have I seen him before? What role did I see that person doing?'. He had the most gorgeous bluish-green eyes and blonde hair. It could do with a cut, but I think that he would look nicer this way.

  Anyway, I didn't know anything, I think. I knew how to speak, but I think that was the only thing which I remembered. I remembered music, and how much I loved it. I think that the most basic information is still intact, but all the memories have disappeared.

  "Who are you?" I asked in the politest tone I could.

  He looked at me with an extremely concerned look. Pain quickly flashed through his eyes and the moment that I recognised it, it was over. "Just wait a moment please," he told me.

  We went out and I twiddled my thumbs, humming a random melody. He promptly came back in with 2 people, one person who was wearing white doctor's clothing, so I'm assuming was a doctor. The other person was wearing blue clothes and just looked good. She seemed sweet.

  "Hello, dear one. I am Fairy Godmother. How are you? Do you remember anything?"

  "I remember how to talk. I remember how to do things like breathe, eat, basic behavioural recognition and play music. I don't think that I have any memories, like for example, I had no idea who you were until you told me, and I have no idea who anyone else in this room is."

  I think that maybe realisation, or recognition, appeared for a moment in Fairy Godmother's eyes. "This is normal. It's okay. You will be back to normal in a week. I will give you the choice whether to stay at school, or with your parents, who are now outside."

  "May I talk with my parents?"

  "Go ahead." I had no idea what the doctor was doing there.

  As soon as 2 people saw me, they rushed toward me and hugged me. I'm assuming that they were my parents. One seemed to be a man, blonde hair, average, or short height. He had a beard that looked prickly. The other seemed to be a woman, strawberry-blonde hair, some freckles, average height, blue eyes and a petite body.

  "Are you my parents?"

  "Yes we are. How are you? Are you okay? Do you need help? Are you going to be staying with us? What did Fairy Godmother and the Doctor say?" Mother frantically said.

  "Thank you for answering. I am fine, I think, I just lost my memory, and Fairy Godmother said that it will be back in a week."

  "That is such a comfort to know." Father let out a big sigh of relief.

  "I think that I will stay with you, but before that, get re-introduced to my friends. Did I have any friends?"

  "I believe that you did. Alex, Torri and Flynn, right?" Mother replied hesitantly.

  "You were dating one of them too... Was it Alex or Flynn? I think that you were dating Alex, but I can't keep up with you two." Father scrunched up his face and answered.

  "Would you like to meet us at the front door in about 2 hours? That should be plenty of time to meet your friends again."

  "Sure! I will meet you there, and thank you!"

  So I made my way back to the hospital room, seeing the blonde boy again. "What is your name?"

  "My name is Flynn Fitzherbert, son of Rapunzel and Eugene Fitzherbert. Do you know who they are?"

  "Maybe? Is she the person with the magical and really long hair?"

  "Yeah!"

  "Father also mentioned that I was dating someone, do you know if I was?"

  "You were dating me. You have never really called me your boyfriend before, though."

  "I was very lucky. Thank you for being there when I woke up."

  "No problem. What sort of boyfriend would I have been if I didn't stay with you?" And I just smiled.

  "Could you please take me to my other friends too?"

  "Right this way, my lady!" And he took me to a classroom. He introduced me to 'Torri', who used to be one of my best friends. She was really pretty and seemed to be smart. I think that I was lucky to have her as my friend. I used to live a great life! The moment that she saw me, she ran up to me and hugged me too. "I'm so sorry for leaving your side at the Cotillion! I know you don't remember, but I just had to get it out. I'm sorry!"

  "Everything is fine. Fairy Godmother said that everything would be back to normal in a week. And from what I am told, I just fainted. You didn't do anything, did you?"

  "I don't think so? But I still left your side and this might not have happened if I didn't do that. The fact that you will be normal again is such a solace to me." Flynn just put his arm around my waist and I held his hand. My boyfriend is so sweet. Torri looked at me like I just declared that I was going to train chihuahuas to sing.

  "Have you met Alex yet?" I shook my head no. "I'll take you to him. He was technically your best-est friend."

  We walked over to a boy with brown hair. He was easily the best-looking person I have ever seen in my life, and though I have no recollection of my memories, I knew that I probably will never see anyone better-looking than him. This was the first time that I think I saw him, I mean, I vaguely recognised him, like everyone who I had met before; but I think that I had a crush on him. Maybe I was like this? I just liked anyone with a pretty face? I hoped not. I can't cheat on my amazing boyfriend.

  As we approached him, his face turned to one of recognition, ecstasy, slight disgust, confusion and hurt in the span of approximately 5 seconds. "This is Alex." Flynn said, somewhat resignedly.

  "Hey Queenie." I registered that I didn't know my name until that moment.

  He stepped up and gave me a hug; he was really tall. He whispered in my ear "Eenie, I missed you."

  Then, like an automatic response, I said "I missed you too Lexie."