6: Bathrobes, Showers, Beds and Desserts

"Hello... I know that we didn't start off on the right foot, so let's start again. My name is Audrey, princess." She said while giving me a very fake smile.

  So I responded with "Hello. My name is Queenie. Princess of Wonderland.", also giving her a fake smile. This seemed to satisfy her and she explained to me the shower.

  "The shower is something that you do alone in the bathroom. You pour water on your body. You use shampoo, soap, body cleanser and conditioner. Judging by your grubby state, I don't think that you've ever had one before. If you need help, I will be getting my beauty sleep." She threw me a bathrobe, went over to what I am assuming is 'her bed', put some green goo on her face and actually fell asleep. The audacity... anyway, I took my bag of toiletries and went to the 'shower stall'.

  There, I felt one of the most amazing sensations of my life. The instant relief of the itchiness that I didn't even know was there was overwhelming. In total, I think that I peeled off a few layers of skin, but I didn't care. Newly emerging from the stall, smelling like a toxic smell that Alex called 'flowers', I dried all the water from my body and put on a red something-or-other on. The important part is that it was red and comfortable.

  Audrey had drawn some sort of line in the middle of the room and shoved all her stuff into the side with her bed. There was basically nothing on my side except the default bed, window, dresser, closet and desk. When I opened the closet, there were lots of red clothes with a note "From, Alex". I thought that it was really sweet. I made a mental note to thank him tonight. Then I remembered that I can thank him at dinner because we can have physical contact now. According to my timetable, dinner is in 30 minutes so I decided to go to the storage room to try and find some blankets that didn't hurt my eyes.

  To my luck, I found some black blankets, a red pillow cover and a cute heart pillow, and Evie there. She actually helped me find the stuff. I took some red fabric too. I made my way back to my dorm. Audrey was still sleeping so I purposefully dropped my things and made a racket picking it up. Petty, I know... but she did not even budge. That, ladies and gentlemen, is very impressive.

  I replaced my sheets, curtains and pillow cover. I artfully placed my pillow on top of it all. I took a moment to admire it. I placed my guitar that Alex had gifted me right next to it. I unpacked everything that I brought and saw a drawer with a lock. I put my song journals in it. Then I unceremoniously flopped down onto the bed. If the shower's relief was a 10, the bed was at least a 1000. It was definitely the best object that I have encountered in Auradon. A close second is the guitar. While all this was happening, it was time for dinner. Audrey somehow woke up in time, changed out of her migraine-inducing bathrobe and said "Well, aren't you coming?", so I followed her.

  The dining room was huge. There were multiple tables inside and outside. I have basically lived indoors all my life, so I of course chose the outside tables. We had a sort of meat, a gooey yellow mush, and green balls that I knew were called peas. They were absolutely amazing and I was basically snarfing everything down. What I didn't know was that Alex was watching from a distance and he snuck up behind me. "Slow down, you're going to choke." He said with a sly smile.

  Me, being shocked and almost choking because of him, replied "Never! Also, is this going to be our new way of greeting? Whispering in each-other's ears?"

  "Maybe? Anyway, I see that you're wearing a blazer. I'm assuming it's from the closet?"

  "I just threw on whatever."

  "You still look amazing"

  There, right then, my face betrayed me and blushed a faint shade of pink. "Well thank you. I believe you look quite dashing, Lexie. Oh! And thank you for the clothes."

  We had dinner together. I saw Ben walking over to us out of the corner of my eye, as in, seeing Alex and deciding to join him, but then he saw me and swiftly walked away. I think that I saw a smile on his face. The highlight was dessert. Alex insisted that I can only have one cookie and I have to eat it after the meal. That was sad. When we both finished our dinners, we sadly separated with promises to see each other tomorrow. We had History of Auradon and Chemistry together.

  I somehow made my way back to my dorm and changed into more comfortable clothes. I then quickly fell asleep on the softest thing that I have ever felt. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.